250cc quad

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

250cc quad

Post by Dazza92VP »

hey guys got a couple of questions for you im thinking about trying to put a 808 or 424 on a 250 quad ditch the carby setup and fixed 15 degree timing and add a bit of reliability to it. the pickup is a magnetic type pickup driven at crank speed with one cut out at 15 degrees so i should be able to use the camira ignition module with the cal set to 2cyl mode, ref point at 15 degrees which means it should just fire the coil basically in single cylinder wasted spark setup. the next things is it possible to run the ecu without the IAC and the TPS i could add them in but this thing idles at 1200rpm anyway and would just set it with the throttle blade screw and put a resistor on the TPS signal wire to allow spark control by the ecu therefore only sensors i would need would be CTS it is liquid cooled so will also be controlling thermo fan IAT, MAP and crank pickup any reason anone could see that this wouldnt work? as far as i can see wouldnt even be fudging any of the numbers and it should run except it would think theres 2 cylinders
cheers
Darren
ive attached a pic of the wiring diagram as well
Attachments
808 single cylinder.jpg
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Re: 250cc quad

Post by Dazza92VP »

no one knows if the ecu will be happy with out the IAC and TPS? also does 11p and 424 have support for 2 cylinder mode as well?
delcowizzid

Re: 250cc quad

Post by delcowizzid »

Normally just leave the tps plugged in and taped in the harness
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem