Toyota 18R-G (808, NVRAM, USB)

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
delcowizzid

Re: Toyota 18R-G (808, NVRAM, USB)

Post by delcowizzid »

Closedoop should swing the O2 sensor rich and lean over and over again if its not swinging and just sitting there at 0.500mv then closed loop isn't working
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

To fix your map I would check you have both the noisy and quite earth's from the ecu on 2 seperate points on the engine make sure they are clean and tight then unplug the tps and map they share some wiring. ohm the earth for the map sensor with your multimeter to the engine block. Do the same with the tps earth. Then check you have 5v at both with the key on. Plug in the tps a d make sure the map is still getting a full 5v then plug the map in and check the output volts with the key on and engine not running
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Steve M
cars: Toyota 18R-G engine in celica

Post by Steve M »

Thanks delcowizzid. I'll try to follow those instructions and put up some results.
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

The MAP sensor tested well.
5v at the MAP and the TPS. Earths are good.
I connected the MAP to a vacuum gauge with a t-junction while checking the TP monitors.
The MAP reads 3kPa high at 100kPa and about 4kPa high at 40kPa.
I'm happy with that as the vacuum gauge is cheap and that would probably fall within acceptable error.

The MAP reading with engine not running was 103.3kPa. I live 31m above sea level, which would match the 3kPa error in the MAP.

What should be 'default MAP for engine not running' read?
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

If you want to be exact 101.3 at sea level and dropping with altitude. Your only 2 kPa off so I don't think that's any cause for concern.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

I'll post a bin in a minute you can difference it to yours for the settings to get closed loop working and hopefully stop the map error. It's got a different VE table too based off o2 sensor volts and lean patches in your logs but your fueling is forever changing even when steady state like is a non heated o2 sensor and its cooling down. Or the log doesn't match your current bin log was saying some places were 65% VE but that wasn't what your bin was comanding What adx exactly are you logging with
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

here
Attachments
29 Apr_4delco.BIN
(32 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

Thanks for the file.
The ADX i've been using is OSE_$12PV112_1BAR-Petrol.adx

There are some differences that I am not familliar with the function or values for. I'd like to learn more about them.
a.
Manifold Fuel Param - AE delta fuel threshold, original value 2, compare value 5.

The BLM Param scalers that differ related to the Idle.

My idle speed is 1200RPM. Engine won't maintain idle below 1100.
b.
I believe that the "Min RPM for Idle Learn Control" should be below 1200 and the "MAX RPM for Idle Learn Control" should be above 1200RPM.
c.
Idle MAP reading is approx 60-65kPa.
How should "Idle Cell Low MAP Learn Condition" be less than idle MAP reading and "Idle Cell High Vacuum Condition" be greater than idle MAP reading?

Thanks.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Turned the idle learn off the fuel reading on the o2 at idle won't be correct with them big cams or even in low rpm cruise areas where its not on the cam. The a/e manfuel is to allow for how much of you acell pump shot ends up on the walls of the port it can sharpen up the throttle stab a lot I did that before I realised you lean patches were mostly the transition out of the closed throttle VE table into untuned portions of the VE table
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

You may need to lower the max map for idle down too. at one part of your log you were cruising along steady throttle with map below the figure set