N13 Turbo - Round 2... Fight!

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
BennVenn
cars: R33 GTST, '60 Vw Bug, Express (4G63T), GW X200

Re: N13 Turbo - Round 2... Fight!

Post by BennVenn »

Hand is on the mend, as long as I don't use it. Already split it back open once...
BennVenn

Post by BennVenn »

LSD CV shaft's ordered! Due next week. In the meantime...
vnt.jpg
The VNT Electronic Actuator arrived! This is a type G-285 which from what I have learnt decides its bolt pattern, range of rotation and interface protocol.

The G-285 will accept either CANbus or PWM control. I'm not sure the CAN address though after some testing I've found its PWM frequency to be pretty wide. I tested as low as 40hz and as high as 10,000hz. The actuator responds equally well. I've gone with 500hz because the timer hardware in my MCU was already set up in this configuration. PWM range is linear between 0 and about 95% after which it will return back to 0% as a kind of fault condition (open signal wire). This is a Chinese version, not an original Hella brand. I've heard they're more particular on PWM frequency.

The signalling into the actuator is 0-12v. It has a weak pull-up so a simple FET or NPN can pull it down to 0v using a MCU's logic output.

The LCD is replacing the temp indicator in the dash. It'll show coolant temp when manifold is under vacuum and turn to a boost gauge when positive pressure is sensed. It'll also flag any problems like high temp, overboost, spark cut etc

The VNT controller code itself decides VNT nozzle position using Lookup tables referencing TPS, MAP, RPM. This should keep VE as high as possible at all times and manage boost safely and accurately.

I've got a VNT 2.2L turbo out of a BT50/Transit on its way that will be used in this build. I'll post pics when it arrives. It looks big enough to keep boost under control up around 6500rpm and hopefully responsive enough to make good power from around 2k. That's the goal anyway
BennVenn

Post by BennVenn »

Laser cut flanges!!! - or not

Submitted the files, company says no problem, 5 days and $160 for 4 pieces. Great!

A week passes, no news. I email, no reply. A week passes. I figure they don't want to bother with such a small job. No reply is a bit rude.

I called up another company, pay them and send an email to company #1 saying we haven't heard back from 2 emails in as many weeks, we're going elsewhere. Then this:
Benn ,
You’re a pretty demanding fella , I would have thought people living on a property
down at Windellama would be calmer and more relaxed. You probably spend too much time
playing with your game boy, makes you angry.
The job was in the system and the parts have been programmed for the machinery.
I am not sure why I had to reply to you, everything was underway.
We have been in business for over 30 years and have hundreds of happy customers.
Legally, you placed an order with us and we have done work in relation to that order, normally
I would recover costs from a company cancelling an order. But you know what, its you’re lucky
day. I am going to give you a leave pass as long as you promise never to contact my company again.
That has got to be the most unusual reply from a professional company I've ever received!

Looks like another couple of weeks for the flanges :-(
'quipt4it

Post by 'quipt4it »

Let's just hope there was no up-front payment.
What a nerve to make assumptions like that about someone.
What an attitude!
BennVenn

Post by BennVenn »

I had a bit of a chuckle at his reply. No up-front payment with that company though my initial email was asking for the invoice so I could make payment.

This new company wanted cash up-front so hopefully this means I'll end up with something to show for it.

To be fair, I have a whole lot of gameboy stuff on my bench right now so he wasn't too far off the mark haha
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Post by heff0018 »

BennVenn wrote:Laser cut flanges!!! - or not

Submitted the files, company says no problem, 5 days and $160 for 4 pieces. Great!

A week passes, no news. I email, no reply. A week passes. I figure they don't want to bother with such a small job. No reply is a bit rude.

I called up another company, pay them and send an email to company #1 saying we haven't heard back from 2 emails in as many weeks, we're going elsewhere. Then this:
Benn ,
You’re a pretty demanding fella , I would have thought people living on a property
down at Windellama would be calmer and more relaxed. You probably spend too much time
We have been in business for over 30 years and have hundreds of happy customers.
Legally, you placed an order with us and we have done work in relation to that order, normally
I would recover costs from a company cancelling an order. But you know what, its you’re lucky
day. I am going to give you a leave pass as long as you promise never to contact my company again.
That has got to be the most unusual reply from a professional company I've ever received!

Looks like another couple of weeks for the flanges :-(
unbelievable, what a dickhead that guy must be. Communication is key when dealing online.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

BennVenn wrote:
Benn ,
What a dink!

The first rule of a service business ... THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!

Communication, Communication, Communication ... When you ignore someone, it's over!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Post by heff0018 »

‘We have been in business for 30 years’ to me means my dad built this business over 30 years and I am going to fark that all up real soon.
BennVenn

Post by BennVenn »

A quick search in Google reviews suggests others get this level of customer service too.
'quipt4it

Post by 'quipt4it »

BennVenn wrote:A quick search in Google reviews suggests others get this level of customer service too.
Customer Service lol.
Wouldn't feed him