Help needed! converting 202 to delco

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
Elijah Bruce
cars: 1975 Holden Kingswood Utility

Re: Help needed! converting 202 to delco

Post by Elijah Bruce »

NEARLY THERE! everything is ready to go! i have plugged in the ecu to my finished loom, the wideband is installed and connected and the USB comms for the 808 has also been installed.

Im now at the point of going to start this fresh engine for the first time and i have plugged in my laptop into the ecu just to load my bin onto it, i know the ecu is working fine as the fuel pump primes for two seconds when the ignition is turned on, its just when i plug my laptop in and go to sync with tunerpro that i get errors. Ill attach a photo, but pretty much it bounces between "CONNECTED" and "DATA ERROR" twice every second.
Any ideas anyone?

EDIT: yes i have downloaded the usb adapter software stuff and it does show up in tunerpro when i test the "plug in component" in the data acq/emulation tab

EDIT 2: I DIDNT INSTALL THE OSE PLUGIN PROPERLY all fixed now!
Attachments
Screenshot (453)_LI.jpg
Shake N Bake!
Elijah Bruce

Post by Elijah Bruce »

NO SPARK
well ive been trying time and time again to get some spark out of the system. I have the HEI module grounded and connected properly, the dizzy should be alright but when im cranking, the ecu isnt getting voltage. I know this is because of the power circuit ive wiring it into (the old heater motor circuit) so it will get power when ignition is tuned on. Should i be doing something differently?
i will attach two photos of tunerpro, one when sitting with just ignition on, and one when cranking (volts will be at 0)
Screenshot (455).png
Screenshot (456).png
Shake N Bake!
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Just for now why not connect the wire to the battery with a light jumper wire. I recently learnt about that reading. Its the voltage going to A6 and it doesn't seem to play a part except for a reference voltage which has a big effect on the injector bias.
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Post by VK_3800 »

Have you joined the crank and ignition on circuits, or are they still separate?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

A6 turns the ecu on. You need constant battery to 2 of the power wires and A6 to switched power it must be a power that's on when ignition on and when cranking same with the relays for injectors and ignition or all the circuits will drop out when cranking
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Elijah Bruce

Post by Elijah Bruce »

delcowizzid wrote:A6 turns the ecu on. You need constant battery to 2 of the power wires and A6 to switched power it must be a power that's on when ignition on and when cranking same with the relays for injectors and ignition or all the circuits will drop out when cranking
this seems to be my problem then. Should i connect the A6 wire to a on/off toggle switch so that it does not lose power when cranking? the relays are connected straight to the battery as per the wiring diagrams
Shake N Bake!
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

This is something i made a while back, its the basics of what you need to run a delco 808 out of a commodore. The pink wire is the A6 connection ...
IMG_5616.PNG
IMG_5616.PNG (48.76 KiB) Viewed 1674 times
one more thing to add, if you have power to the ignition module / coil then it should have spark even without the ECU in the picture!
Elijah Bruce

Post by Elijah Bruce »

Holden202T wrote:This is something i made a while back, its the basics of what you need to run a delco 808 out of a commodore. The pink wire is the A6 connection ...
IMG_5616.PNG
one more thing to add, if you have power to the ignition module / coil then it should have spark even without the ECU in the picture!
yes i have found that i have started to get some spark out of the system, i changed the ground for the ignition module and it began to work. does this mean that i should still wire the ecu ignition (A6) to a switch so that it has power while cranking? Also does it need the ignition wire from the engine light also? i currently do not have that wired in.
Shake N Bake!
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Yes A6 needs power while cranking as well as running. As Vlad said it's the turn on ECU signal wire.
Elijah Bruce

Post by Elijah Bruce »

Charlescrown wrote:Yes A6 needs power while cranking as well as running. As Vlad said it's the turn on ECU signal wire.
No worries, guess I can have two kill switches now! Do I need the engine light wire though?
Shake N Bake!