Help needed! converting 202 to delco

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
Elijah Bruce
cars: 1975 Holden Kingswood Utility

Re: Help needed! converting 202 to delco

Post by Elijah Bruce »

Charlescrown wrote:I was in the same boat so it then became experimental. Which way worked best. It's OK to know at which point the Bosch module triggers but another to know the polarity.
yep thats pretty much it. How would i go about turning the straight 6 tune into a V112 version?

EDIT: nevermind, just copied all of the values from the straight 6 V111 tune onto the V6 V112 tune. All uploaded now, am going to let the battery continue to charge, then i guess ill how it goes
Shake N Bake!
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

With regards to the two trigger wires going to the module it's a good practice to use two core shielded cable earthed at one end and as short as possible. This solved my problem with erratic spark timing 20 years ago.
Elijah Bruce

Post by Elijah Bruce »

kojab wrote:With regards to the two trigger wires going to the module it's a good practice to use two core shielded cable earthed at one end and as short as possible. This solved my problem with erratic spark timing 20 years ago.
How do you mean earthed? Don’t those two wires go straight from the dizzy to the ignition module?
Shake N Bake!
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Yes but the best wire to use is one that's got a braid shield around the outside to prevent RF interference which can cause a false ignition trigger. I had the same problem and used shielded wire to eliminate the problem, You earth it to improve it's shielding effect.
Something like this
https://www.jaycar.com.au/2-core-screen ... =relevance
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

this is a typical way to do it, no need for shielded wire! and i doubt thats the problem anyways as its not missing it just needs a few tune tweaks.
R0018630.jpg
R0018630.jpg (150.77 KiB) Viewed 2247 times
Elijah Bruce

Post by Elijah Bruce »

She runs! Albeit with a slight miss.

So it’ll start and idle just fine, after a little bit though cylinders one and two cut out for some reason. I’ve got another video of it here:
https://youtu.be/hELv9PJnhus

Also runs VERY rich and seems to not be getting any wideband signal. Also, how do I uncheck automatic transmission in the ADX file?
Shake N Bake!
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

certainly sounds like it starts ok now!

if the reading on the wideband is actually right then that wont be helping the idle .... it sounds like as the idle settles down its going either 1. too low of an idle speed, or 2. its just too rich in that area.

the wideband, have you connected an analog output from the wideband to pin D8 ?
Elijah Bruce

Post by Elijah Bruce »

Holden202T wrote:certainly sounds like it starts ok now!

if the reading on the wideband is actually right then that wont be helping the idle .... it sounds like as the idle settles down its going either 1. too low of an idle speed, or 2. its just too rich in that area.

the wideband, have you connected an analog output from the wideband to pin D8 ?
i thought the wideband had to be connected to d7? where the original o2 sensor was connected too. It seems to idle a bit better now after i swapped over the injectors to a new set (i think two were leaking badly)
I took a log of it idleing and gave it a few peps. As soon as i touch the throttle it goes very lean and almost cuts out apart from short jabs of the throttle.
first log.xdl
(17.34 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
EDIT: well ive been changing the 0-5v ground with no success. But ive found that the b12 pin has a 0-5v thing when i bring up the data sheet (see pictured). Should i try wiring the 0-5+ to that pin and then in tunerpro just linking the wideband gauge to pin b12 in the adx then just using the equation of AFR = (2.3750xvolts)+7.3125?
Screenshot (457)_LI.jpg
Shake N Bake!
Elijah Bruce

Post by Elijah Bruce »

that might seem a bit confusing sorry! I have an AEM X-series wideband that outputs both a 0-5v positive and ground. The ground just need to be connected to the ecu main ground (which it is) and the 0-5v positive to the ecu. I currently have it wired to D7 which on the diagrams is where the factory narrowband connected to.
The issue being that when i connect tunerpro to the ecu and bring up the live dashboard it will only show 1088 milivolts and nothing else. The wideband guage on tunerpro only show the lowest reading (7.35:1) and wont change. I know the wideband works fine as the guage works and is very responsive.

I have a feeling that i do not have my adx setup correctly if it needs changing to accomodate for a wideband. Otherwise im clueless
Shake N Bake!
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

You need to connect the 0-5v wire to D8, and then connect the wide band ground a good ground on the engine block, don't connect it to the o2 ground as that is a isolated ground and not connected internally to any other ground, reserve that only for the normal o2.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.