cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: Help needed! converting 202 to delco

Post by Charlescrown »

I'd just try with the standard VN program. It can't be too far off the mark.
Elijah Bruce
cars: 1975 Holden Kingswood Utility

Post by Elijah Bruce »

i did try the straight 6 tune on there but it seems to be corrupted in some way? im no expert but maybe i dont have something set up right. Ill attach a photo of the spark advance table.
Attachments
Screenshot (452).png
Shake N Bake!
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

You are using $5D xdf, which is incorrect.
You need to look here viewtopic.php?f=27&t=356
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
Elijah Bruce

Post by Elijah Bruce »

thanks, have figured it out now. I should be alright now, unless i have any issues with installing the NVRAM. Thanks for your help v6bucket
Shake N Bake!
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yep definitely start with the tune v6bucket linked, it was run on a stock blue 202 with VK manifold and injectors so it should be a pretty good starting point.

my recommended approach, disconnect the injectors and then jumper the diagnostic link plug to get it in diag mode, then wind it over and adjust the dizzy till its on 10 degrees advanced (and hopefully your balancer mark hasnt moved) then you should be in a pretty good position to fire it up.
Elijah Bruce

Post by Elijah Bruce »

Thanks for that. That was actually a question I was planning on asking!
Cheers
Shake N Bake!
Elijah Bruce

Post by Elijah Bruce »

Holden202T wrote:yep definitely start with the tune v6bucket linked, it was run on a stock blue 202 with VK manifold and injectors so it should be a pretty good starting point.

my recommended approach, disconnect the injectors and then jumper the diagnostic link plug to get it in diag mode, then wind it over and adjust the dizzy till its on 10 degrees advanced (and hopefully your balancer mark hasnt moved) then you should be in a pretty good position to fire it up.
Hello again, two things this time. The first being, how do i "jumper" the diagnostic plug. Im not quite up to date with the terms yet.

Also, im not quite sure how to wire up the coil. I am using the standered one that came on the vk efi engine so its different to the one that you had in your photos. Just wondering exactly what should be connected to the coil and where the destination of the wires go. Ill attach a diagram to show what i mean
Attachments
Inkedcamira module_LI.jpg
Inkedcamira module_LI.jpg (905.71 KiB) Viewed 2896 times
Shake N Bake!
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Post by heff0018 »

I am not sure what the wiring colours on the VN loom but the + PNK pink wire is switched ignition and the brown BRN C is the coil trigger. Make sure you ground the HEI module. I would go to the wreckers and grab a VN coil with the connectors to make it easy.
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

The HEI coil is fine, connect the Pink wire to the + side of your coil & Brown to the - side.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=219&hilit=aldl+basics
There's a pic of the plug half way down the page, use a paper clip to bridge "A" & "B".
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Post by heff0018 »

v6bucket wrote:The HEI coil is fine, connect the Pink wire to the + side of your coil & Brown to the - side.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=219&hilit=aldl+basics
There's a pic of the plug half way down the page, use a paper clip to bridge "A" & "B".
Thats a good result then.