cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: n00b NVRAM tuning a Rover V8

Post by vlad01 »

I'm still here :D

Anyway, the kinjflow calc is only a ball park and doesn't take some things into account like the true volumetric efficiency of the engine, cam overlap, many other factors etc...

So the best accepted way is to do exactly what you did and then start tuning the VE table with the wide band and calc VE and once you get a good feel for what the VE table is doing, adjust the injector flow, retune to achieve the peak VE from 80-90%. If it's more than 100% it will lean out from clipping the map, too low the other internal models/ that used the VE in the ECU code will be wonky.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
spoon
cars: Mitsubishi Cordia GSR
Toyota Corolla KE70 (blacktop 20v 4age)
Toyota Corolla KE70 (soon to be 16v 4age)
Toyota Corolla KE70 (soon to be 4g62t from above cordia)

Post by spoon »

thats good news then! just on the wideband, do you know why i dont have it in my dashboard? Also there are a couple of issues with the displayed parameters, ie. MAP doesnt display (just stuck) but its definitely working, and desired RPM is maxed out.

obviously at this stage i need the wideband and MAP but i cant find how to display them correctly.

Thanks!
spoon

Post by spoon »

see attachment for detail
Screenshot 2023-03-23 073340.png
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Looks like you have the wrong ADX loaded, check the XDF as well.

36,000 RPM! F**k yeah! :lol:
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
spoon

Post by spoon »

yep looks like youre right - managed to find the newer adx OSE_12P_V112 and that worked straight up!

finally making progress!

ill check the xdf, but happy that things are working now!
thanks again!
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

:thumbup:
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yep, never mix and match your bin / xdf and adx files. Also use the delco oseflash tool to read a whole bin as a backup every so often so if things go wrong you can start again. If you have a programmer that can program the Dallas DS1245 chip on the ECM NVRAM its recommended to order one now, because if there is some kind of mix up and it is corrupted you'll need to to re-populate the chip to get the ecu talking to the computer again. We recommend GQ4x4 or one of the TL866 type programmers, but watch out for fakes and misleading adds that are not really the right thing. Check the list of supported chips to make sure any programmer is compatible.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Deuce
cars: TUF355

Post by Deuce »

spoon wrote:yep looks like youre right - managed to find the newer adx OSE_12P_V112 and that worked straight up!

finally making progress!

ill check the xdf, but happy that things are working now!
thanks again!
So are you saying that you now have the WB O2 displayed correctly and showing in your logs?

This is a pretty cool project (maybe add vehicle photo)
spoon

Post by spoon »

I have been off this project for a while (family life!) but keen to get some more progress now!

Just hopped back in the car and got the battery charged again so can start all over again!

One of the issues I have had the whole time is the cold start - I didn’t really raise the issue as I just limped through the warm up process (lots of pumping throttle etc) but want to try and address this if I can as it’s wearing down my battery & starter with the constant restarts until warm.

I’m a bit overwhelmed with the amount of maps to be modified in tunerpro - is there a recommended order to modifying these?

Ideally I want to be able to get the engine warm without touching the throttle - can anyone assist me to get to this stage?

Note that I don’t have an ICV hooked up but ambient temps are usually around 30degrees so shouldn’t really be necessary at this stage right?

I’ll be getting on here more regularly if there is people still here willing to help! I’ll also see if I can get some pictures up!
spoon

Post by spoon »

IMG_20200822_085046_Original.jpeg
This is an old pic, will get some engine photos up soon!