Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Postby vlad01 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:50 pm

Well I never found the leak so it all went back together.

I'm going to get centreline suspension to sort out the front end, install the next lower springs and reinstall the stock rear insulators. Also they will reconfigure the front tops to allow more camber and less caster, camber is maxed out and pretty much 0 which is no good, need at least a deg or 2 negative as I am shredding the outside of the tyres atm and if I push it hard enough I get some under steer, all indicative of not enough negative camber.

Spoke to Clive cams and they reckon the Johnoson lifters with work find so I am going to order a sample part to double check. Apparently the FH cam specs I got are different to the ones Clive have so they are going to email me the correct specs.

The specs I have are 308 adv, 258 @050. Clive said 298 adv, 260 @050. So it's similar but more aggressive ramp rate and area under curve is larger, so it should make same peak HP but better area under HP and T and behave better at idle , 10 less overlap.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.

Postby delcowizzid » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:36 pm

That must be a crazy ramp rate we have 298 seat to seat 222@0.050 on our v6 touring car grind you going for big rpm with 260 degrees at 50
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem

Postby vlad01 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:36 pm

Ramp rate is 3.37 Between mild and medium according to dynosim. Not that aggressive becasue the lift is relatively low compared to other cams with same durations which normally run 650 lift. This one is only 546 lift

Cam specs attached.

01058A Profile Specs.pdf
(115.67 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.

Postby vlad01 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:31 pm

Decided to do a bit of maintenance on the old shitbox daily.

The tails lights were badly faded so I got some of that VHT nite-shades spray can.

IMG_2032.JPG

IMG_2034.JPG

Now it's actually red :lol:

IMG_2038.JPG

Good as new! and way cheaper than new taillights, the going price which is 1200+ for new ones or few 100 for used, more than I paid for the car :wtf:
Sometimes I wish I had a VN instead, the part availability and prices are way better than VP

IMG_2042.JPG

The economy seemed to be shit recently. Checked the tyre pressure, no wonder. 22psi front and 12psi rear.

Postby Charlescrown » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:40 pm

And it's probably only a few of years since you last checked them. Bugger that air just seeps out. I bet it also steers and brakes a little better now. That spray works a treat. Have to remember what it is.

Postby vlad01 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:55 pm

I checked them in March and they were fine. For some reason tyres seem to go down many times faster in winter than they do in summer.

I'd be lucky to add more than 3-4 psi every 4-6 months during the hotter months. Usually more than 10psi in winter for the same period. Rear tyres are new so they went down even more than normal.

I put 36 front and 34 rear, I found that to be the max before they start to wear unevenly. On my other VP with the R888R tyres which are a track compound and even lower profile I run 40 front and 38 rear about the same as my VR with 45? profile.

Postby Charlescrown » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:48 pm

I always check my tyres when they look flat except my race car when I take it out. Too many cars and getting lazy.

Postby vlad01 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:21 pm

That's what prompt me to check, the rear were looking a little low but was not expecting that low.

Previous

Return to Members Rides