Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Postby FXST02 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:59 pm

Just compared the Australian prices against the US, no wonder we buy from overseas.

Postby immortality » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:17 pm

vlad01 wrote:Not sure about LN3 but the later ones are also press fit. Dayco specify on their installation spec sheet what the min interference tolerance has to be. All Buick from LN3 to late L27 specify the balancer bolt to be torqued from 270 to 325Nm which is a fucking lot! Pipe on breaker bar and body weight amount. Or if you do it like me as I'm not heavy enough, dead lift the torque wrench while someone holds the engine stand so it doesn't flip over lol

The VN s1 is a slip fit, still firm but not a press fit like the later engines.

Mine is a manual so someone in the drivers seat, car in gear and hard on the brakes whilst I use a 3/4" power bar and all of my 120kg to tighten the bastard :)

The first time I undid that balancer bolt I moved the car backward even though someone was on the brake in the car...

Postby vlad01 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:58 pm

Ah ok, yeah well I have never taken one off on the LN3, They aren't common here and not that desired for by the people that know a thing or 2 about these engines.

I don't see why you can't fit the later type with full interference fit, that be better as the interference is primary how the vibration is transmitted and also would prevent fretting that might happen with a slip fit.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.

Previous

Return to Members Rides