cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Cheers :thumbup:

The video is a deeper sound than it really is, it's more crackly sounding. I don't know why but apple phones save out their files with the treble missing but otherwise the sound is there when played back on the phone itself.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Macca97
cars: hj ute, hz wagon, copious amounts of random half started side projects

Post by Macca97 »

could almost mistaken it for a cammed 202, sounds alot better than expected :)
why have one 202, when you can have 12 and counting, 30+ car graveyard just for fun aswell
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

The exhaust guy tells me it sounds like a vl group a. I havn't heard it myself in real life yet.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

vlad01 wrote:The exhaust guy tells me it sounds like a vl group a. I havn't heard it myself in real life yet.
He must be deaf as the V6 engine doesn't produce the double exhaust pulse the V8 has that gives it the distinctive sound/rumble.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Had some issues today.

Exhaust tail pipe needs to be redone as it hits the control arm when going over a bump. He said he would fix that no probs.

I also had the NVRAM corrupt for some reason while driving it to G's shop. Lucky I came prepared with laptop and burner and was able to fit the problem. Managed to get a log on the way home so I need to work on that.

Another issue is the cruise control won't work even though I have quadruple checked everything. Does anyone have the cruise control install manual? I want to see it it will do into diagnostics mode. It has has the dealer retrofit kit added and done to a T. This is really annoying me that it turns on but does nothing.

Last issue I found was a horrible rattle noise from the engine, turned out I had this happen before with painted pulleys. The bolts came loose on the PS pump pulley, thank fuck it was only that :lol:

Drives great, just seems down on power atm as the tune is still a ways to go. Not sure where I should ball park the timing, I have total 26º I am thinking with 10:1 comp and 277 adv by 212 @050 by 109 LSA should be less timing?

With 2 other engines with bigger cams and high comp they both landed at 20-22º total timing but I would love to hear some suggestions.

EDIT: I think I found the cruise control issue. Seems my convertor box might have something to do with it. Although the speedo works my ECU is only logging 8km/h max in the logs. Perhaps the signal is up shit creek where the ECU and cruise aren't detecting the signal. I will try it without the convertor and see at some stage.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Only thing I can add is cruise doesn't work under 40km/h

If it was a V8 I'd try more timing. I've had a few with LSA of 106-108 and at least 10:1 comp and goinftby the passenger seat ass dyno they like 28-30 degree's timing.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I just reworked the VE table. it was a little lean, about high 13s under load so not the best for making power. Should go a lot better now. I think it probably could do with more timing low to mid but top end should be fine. I found in the log I never went over 5200 rpm, peak power is about 5600 but I need to take it easy at first for the tuning and run in of the engine.

I found the tune for the Kermit V6 Gemini which ran a big cam and 10:1 comp. timing is a lot lower. I remember it gaining a lot of power from getting the timing to around 22º comparing the 2 the low to mid looks the same but mid to top is a lot lower on the Gemini v6.

I guess I can try and copy the table over and see if it goes any better.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Is it an Ecotec or Buick? If that's the correct term for pre Ecotec?