The1's Daily

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Gampy

Re: The1's Daily

Post by Gampy »

Wouldn't surprise me ... Gotta maximize profit margin while maintaining market point.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
OZ38
cars: VY V6 Commodore ute.
VS V6 Commo sedan.
VT V6 powered 4x4 Hilux ute.

Post by OZ38 »

vlad01 wrote:Both JP and Rollmaster are made by the same company, My understanding is that JP are a more of a budget brand, like the rollmaster blue/red series are.
Yes they are now, but weren't when JP were having the failures. From memory it was rolon chain they were using then.
Last edited by OZ38 on Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
OZ38
cars: VY V6 Commodore ute.
VS V6 Commo sedan.
VT V6 powered 4x4 Hilux ute.

Post by OZ38 »

My Rollmaster double row set in my current L67 is IWIS Chain, & from memory it was stamped. It also had the one piece crank sprocket with the adjustable position for timing cam degreeing. Then they started that shit two piece crap which most find has to be heated up to get on. Where as the one piece crank sprocket had a fit similiar to the stock slide on crank sprocket.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Both of mine were 2 piece and fitted fine. But if quality control isn't the best they could vary from batch to batch.

btw, I sent a message to Precision engine parts asking if their gold series ones come with Iwis or Rolon. They are pretty helpful so I should get an idea if its wide spread or not.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
The1

Post by The1 »

Great spotting guys

Ive sent a message to the seller first asking what's going on with the Rollon chain, it even says it on the box that it comes with "Exclusive" IWIS Pro chain. I think rollmaster do whatever lol, unfortunately who else do you buy these kits from, they have the market?
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

As far as I know, no one else makes a kit so we are all stuck with what they make. Real shame for the quality to be so hit and miss for the world wide good reputation they have.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
The1

Post by The1 »

supplier is asking Rollermaster what the go is as they just onshipped from them apparently.

If im outta luck ill use the new sprockets with the old chain, but pretty sloppy production just in my experience so far. Even if it's now ment to come with the cheaper rollon chain it still says iwis on the box.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

The1 wrote:If im outta luck ill use the new sprockets with the old chain
That, I would not do!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
The1

Post by The1 »

The old chain is the other kit iwis chain. It's new, well 2000km
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Any updates on this? I am trying to sus it out with one supplier and a v6 builder on what their experience is with them recently but haven't heard back yet.

I need to get a timing set for my next engine and I certainly do not want cheap parts being the weak link in what will be an expensive build. And as it will be a very big cam with lots of valve train load I can't afford any problems.

Not looking good :thumbdown: