The1's Daily

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
The1

Re: The1's Daily

Post by The1 »

been going good nothing to report other than took it for drive and started spewn oil out the front of the oil pump and gave front of engine and bay a nice drink, made it home without loosing oil pressure, so will have to remove ballancer and check it out, it was a second hand front cover i just fitted a machined plate for chain clearance.
The1

Post by The1 »

Well pulled the front cover off today, found the oil pump worn quite a bit, it was 90% good when i fitted it originally, engines done 2000km's now with not alot of work. I checked crank end play best i could looks around 0.16mm, Looks like there's alot of movement on the oil pump cog to the rollmaster crank cog is there normally this much movement back and forth? It allows movement side to side if you get what i mean, which wouldn't help with even wear or rotation of the oil pump gears. You can see the oval wear marks on the oil pump cog, The oil pump cog on stock crank cog is tight as. The rollmaster crank cog has a fair gap, really it's only just grabbing by just under less than half the teeth depth.

I have the Mace sold RLM601 Rollmaster Double Row Chain kit which has CS6150 written on the box.

Are these the best ones still? I searched for CS6150 online and some listing say this wont fit Holden L67 but will fit the US ones?

Stock
stock crank oil pump.jpg
stock crank oil pump.jpg (57.21 KiB) Viewed 2258 times
Rollmaster
rollmaster crank oil pump.jpg
rollmaster crank oil pump-2.jpg
rollmaster crank oil pump-2.jpg (111.42 KiB) Viewed 2258 times
Crank pulley wear.
rollmaster crank oil pump-3.jpg
rollmaster crank oil pump-3.jpg (69.81 KiB) Viewed 2258 times
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

That is very odd. I also used the mace 601 for my VP motor and it was nice and tight, also my 6 spline drive was a nice forged piece that was uniform and smooth with slightly rounded edges, yours looks rough as guts. Mine did not have sharp inner corners nor those lines on the face. Maybe they have cheaped out on the manufacture of them?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
The1

Post by The1 »

The date on my box was 2014, perhaps a bad batch? the chain and reset of the gears look fine and have no wear, there's no wear anywhere else, chain hasn't been rubbing on anything either, i have the shimmed plate for the pump.

I had bought this chain kit with some other pieces at a garage sale. It was new in box at the time still sealed, Im happy to go buy another chain kit to resolve the problem, i have a spare new front cover in new condition to fit up as well.

I also read on another topic that these had timing out? i had mine up at normal timing marks for 0deg and checked. Will have to recheck.
The1

Post by The1 »

possible quality control issues. Few here.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/th ... in.156150/

I tried the cog on the new cover, looks same. Hopefully next kit is good.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

So what confused me for a long time is the Mace and ZZP ones are half the price most other places list them at and I think I have worked out why.

Turns out there is a vernier type as well which explains why it would cost so much (around $300)

See on their website.

https://www.norndaautomotive.com.au/rol ... 20VR,VS,VT
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I bought mine about the same time, looking at some old photos I got mine late 2015 from Mace.

Also I found a pic of the more expensive vernier type, PN CS6240. It's also nitrited on both sprockets. The 7 keyway red series one like you and I have are only heat treated? nitrited? on the crank sprocket.

vernier timing chain.PNG
vernier timing chain.PNG (135.67 KiB) Viewed 2243 times
The1

Post by The1 »

interesting, the sticker on the box for mine just lists RLM601 but mace now list it as RLM601-B so must be revised models. It does mention in the mace listing that's its a Rollmaster Red series. So perhaps the Red series is just cast? hence the lack of precision and half the price?
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

They are billet but simple multi keyway and no nitrited cam sprocket. The vernier one has a 2 piece cam sprocket and what looks like a one piece crack one and fully nitrited. That accounts for the cost difference, this vernier one would be considered "gold series"
The1

Post by The1 »

it also says on their website CS6150 is not for supercharged. Perhaps just for the clearance issues?
https://www.norndaautomotive.com.au/rol ... percharged

For supercharged their recommending the CS10055 which is only single row. It's not Nitrited either.

Plenty of people seem to have used the CS6150 though without issues apart from some.