vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: My VS Clubby! *UPDATED*

Post by vlad01 »

With the 355, was there anything special you had to do with the PCV breathers?

I am trying to work out breather/catch can requirements for a Buick 6 with similarish specs, actually bit more cam than this and higher comp. I am wondering if 2x AN-10 hoses will be enough?

An online breather calc said 1.4" ID hose or if they were -10 it's like 4 of these hoses which seems wrong.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
hot308vb
cars: Vt v6 Berlina daily driver
vs clubsport high comp solid cammed 355 brass buttoned t56 6 speed 4.11 diff

Post by hot308vb »

vlad01 wrote:With the 355, was there anything special you had to do with the PCV breathers?

I am trying to work out breather/catch can requirements for a Buick 6 with similarish specs, actually bit more cam than this and higher comp. I am wondering if 2x AN-10 hoses will be enough?

An online breather calc said 1.4" ID hose or if they were -10 it's like 4 of these hoses which seems wrong.
I've just got a an10 fitting in each rocker cover going through -10 hose to a 700ml vented catch can on my firewall, and I've got no worries with over pressurising the crankcase
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

That's good to know. I was planning on using the stock breather which is about AN-10 already which is located on the manifold and plumbed to the head internally and then add another AN-10 fitting into the valley of the manifold under the throttle as there is a good spot for it there.
So the flow of blow by isn't all going up into the heads which can inhibit oil drainage to the sump, which can cause the top end to fill with oil if you are unlucky enough, have seen this happen a number of times so it's a thing.

I was going to use the Radium engineering dual catch cans which are a real nice bit of kit. AN-10 threads and have a dip stick each and plumb them back into the air intake for emissions reasons so making it easier to engineer. I am going to try mount it to the brake booster brace mount on the strut tower since it won't be used as I will be doing a booster delete.

My personal preference is not to have any breathers on the rocker covers since I will need custom billet ones made to suit the rockers I will be using.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.