dave V6 ek holden

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
ekdave1962
cars: EK holden running vn v6

dave V6 ek holden

Post by ekdave1962 »

ok guys my ek v6 project is coming to an end and id like thank everyone on here who has helped me with my questions

if you want to check it out its on the FBEK forum http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtop ... &start=120
ekdave1962

Re: dave V6 ek holden

Post by ekdave1962 »

for those intereted her the girl V6 ed

*Edited for a broken photo bucket link 22/9/2017 by Dylan*

have problem the the crs tee adapter for speedo seem to be a bit of junk to me ,, may go b&w tcc contollers or a gps speedo .. not sure yet
also i noticed the engine make a lot of sucking noise even with pod filter not sure if thats normal .. ?

Regards David
The1

Post by The1 »

yeh pod will make noise when open like that, id stick the pod down the front there in that free space and put it in some kind of enclosure, will quieten it down, keep the heat out to. Nice job though, hows it go? what's the body weight of it?
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

wind the throttle stop screw in a bit when its hot. the insane sucking sound is the air rushing past the IAC stepper motor, by opening up the butterfly the IAC will close off a bit and reduce the sucking noise.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

looks good mate!

i dare say it would go alright, the old ek's weigh about 1100kg stock so fair bit less than the commodore the motor came out of!
ekdave1962

Post by ekdave1962 »

yeah Holden202, i havent pushed it too hard atm at the rear wheels rub on guards , raised the rear a little which seem to have resolve it .. mind you its a tired motor FREEbee
i have another 2 spares , im thinking of the ecotec to rebuild for it but that will mean so wiring mod for it to work and im not sure the modified vn ecu will work for it but for now i just seen to sort the tcc lock and enjoy her for a while.
sides i have 2 40,s chev trucks to do now .. ps Holden202 i notice your work on the red i have 2 timing wheel i had made for mine for the delco but never followed through i planned to bolt them on to harmonic balancer and run the std vn pic up for ignition and injector timing if you interested in them
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

don't put an ecotec in it :P they'll crack the heads and you'll regret it! (only speaking from experience!)

thanks for the offer, but i'm pretty well sorted with my ignition stuff thanks!
ekdave1962

Post by ekdave1962 »

ok re ecotec .. thought they where a seperior motor
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

out of 5 motors we tested the heads off only 2 heads had no cracks, they crack between the valves into water.

might just be the motors i had were being sold cause of this issue i dunno. but my mate also has an engine reconditioning shop and he sees them regularly come through the doors.
ekdave1962

Post by ekdave1962 »

ok thanks for that Holden202 .. maybe ill just beef the buick up a little - cam heads and injector was my thought . on the spare motor