dave V6 ek holden

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
ekdave1962
cars: EK holden running vn v6

Re: dave V6 ek holden

Post by ekdave1962 »

yeah Antus i calibrated the road speed with my GPS and it turns out that the cable driving via tee is geared perfectly the speedo reads 60MPH which is 100 KPM on gps and TP dash from memory i ended up with a correction factor of 5400 due to the high gearing ..
i guess i could change that factor to make it seem faster to encourage lockup ..

Holden202 i tried earthing the OT at the aldl after testing it to confirm it was the right one from TCC plug zero lockup but i did notice that this wire was live maybe indicating a fault in the box .. as i have checked and re checked everything

i have a spare TCC plug and maybe set it up for manual switch but if i do that i assume the TP dash will not indicate that its engaged so at 1100 rpm for 100 km i may not be able to notice if its locked .. guess i could leave it switched on and see if engine trys to stall in lower gears failing that it maybe a trip to the tranny shop to have the TCC solinoid tested ..
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

you need the gear selector wiring connected so the ecu knows its auto or it wont lock the TCC it probably thinks its manual LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
ekdave1962

Post by ekdave1962 »

um delco i think it is wired .. well all of the orginal vn loom is wired ,, hmm does TP have a setting for manual/auto

well i just did a test run with the TCC hotwired to a earth switch and it works
ALSO i stand corrected on the RPMS its actually 1920 rpm didnt look at scale with glasses on .. but when i activated the tcc RPM would drop a few hundred

now apart from delcos obvious question ,,

TCC prams TCC road speed upper limit for lock is set a 70 kph WHAT does this param actually mean upper speed for tcc lock ? if that the case maybe this is holding it out ?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

what shifter is in the car? , there is a grey wire B10 on the ecm, it has to go to the shifter switch and the other side to earth so it knows when its in park or neutral, thats probably the issue!
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

ekdave1962 wrote:TCC prams TCC road speed upper limit for lock is set a 70 kph WHAT does this param actually mean upper speed for tcc lock ?
It means that the vehicle speed must exceed that value to lock up.
The speed must drop below the "lower speed to unlock" before it unlocks again; this provides hysteresis so that it is not trying to lock/unlock all the time when you are cruising at about that speed.
ekdave1962

Post by ekdave1962 »

thanks charlay .. well it seems the TCC works fine , just not getting the signal from ecu to lock since im sure i have all the wires in the correct places im a little stumped .. ill re check again tomorrow .. most likely some thing i have done like with to pin 7 and 10 reversed
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

thing is, if tp5 reports not locked, its not a wiring fault on the output side of the pcm or the input side of the tcc. there might be one there also, but tp5 displays what the ecu is trying to do, not what it is seeing down at the trans (as there is no feedback). So, one of its conditions to lock are not being met. That is all input side to the ecu and tune items. The question is, which one? I dont have a list of them but i think coolant temp, tps, speed are part of it, and as delcowizid says the ecu must know its an auto.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
ekdave1962

Post by ekdave1962 »

yeah theres several conditions road speed , coolant temp , percentage throtle, time and maybe more .. from reading it says engine temp bbut im wondering if its tranny temp .. as im not 100% sure of the terminal that that wire goes to ..C7 i believe
my next question is how do u tell the ecu that its auto ? motor wont start if its not in park or neutral but i couldnt see a flag to say manual or auto is there one ?
this is the stock 12 tune that came on the nvram
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Have a look on the 'item lists' view when your logging. The very last line is Transmission. It'll say automatic or manual there. It defaults to manual (this screenshot is no car connected) but should say auto on yours when logging.

Delcowizzid mentioned it uses the auto wiring to know, but ive got no experience with wiring up autos, my and my mates cars are all manual :driving:
Attachments
transmission flag.png
transmission flag.png (29.44 KiB) Viewed 5895 times
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
ekdave1962

Post by ekdave1962 »

ok thanks would the playing back of a log give me the correct data or do i need to hook up to ecu ?

my log from last run show it as manual ?