dave V6 ek holden

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
ekdave1962
cars: EK holden running vn v6

Re: dave V6 ek holden

Post by ekdave1962 »

yeah it is a bit small - but i would think it would be a cheap way to add a liitle sting without stressing the motor i could add 2 like on the 300zx
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah two would be much more suitable for a v6!
ekdave1962

Post by ekdave1962 »

ah have scrapped the idea for now .. to many other thing on plate atm, ill be happy just to have her running nice and do a bit of cruising for the time been :-)
ekdave1962

Post by ekdave1962 »

a big thanks to Yoda for dropping and giving me some pointers on TP and helping with wiring info for the VSS i know what road speed reported back to TP and have adjusted the pilse so that it reads correct i did notice that the TCC lockup light didnt activate durign the short test run.
a little research indicates that at a speed greater that 72 KM and engine temp higher than 44 dec and a few other param it shoud have activated.

im planning a long test run tomorrow if weather ok AS would like to the club run to bendigo on the weekend 3 hrs each way so will need the TCC functioning
as a back up i planned a manual over drive switch .. by switching an earth to terminal D on the tranny TCC connector ----hotrod manual that has given me the idea.

Am i correct or is there another way to achive the same results .. the TCC seem to be wired up correctly but i will have to double check this tomorrow im assuming with out looking a my diagrams the the second plug on the T700 controls these features ?

A-7 Circuit #422 Automatic Trans TCC CONTROL
Circuit #422 Manual Transmission O-D CONTROL
Circuit #456 Manual Transmission SHIFT LIGHT CONTROL

refers. Connected to the TH-700-R4 automatic transmission TCC Solenoid (Terminal D).

This circuit allows the ECM to control the TCC function by providing a ground through this terminal. We DO NOT recommend using the ECM to activate the TCC function in the OEM manner because this requires the inclusion of a functional VSS system. A much simpler solution is to use one of the many after-market kits available to effect TCC lockup without the use of a computer. Our method of accomplishing this is detailed later in this manual. Refer Part Nine, Miscellaneous Information (Page 43 Para 13).

If you ARE using the ECM to activate the TCC function, a wire should be connected from this terminal to the ALDL connector (Terminal F Figure 10 ). This connection allows you to activate the TCC function by supplying an external ground to this ALDL terminal to verify TCC operation. On Corvettes equipped with a manual 4-speed plus overdrive transmission, this terminal allows the ECM to provide a ground to the overdrive relay which in turn, activates the overdrive solenoid in the transmission. On some Camaros and Firebirds equipped with manual transmissions, this terminal is connected to the dash panel mounted Shift Light, allowing the ECM to illuminate the light by supplying a ground to this terminal. DELETE if you are not using the ECM to control the TCC function or if you are using a transmission which does not incorporate a TCC.
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

There should be a Grey/Red wire going to the VN ALDL connector (not sure which position) and then going to pin A7 on the ECU. If you put a switch in pulling it to ground should activate the TCC lock. I'm pretty confident with what you've done so far that it should all work with the ECU controlling it though, so would try it as is first.
Need to be a little careful with some of the US info, as the Australian engineers sometimes did things a little different.

yoda69
ekdave1962

Post by ekdave1962 »

yeah Greg i will check the wiring to the TCC 1 st just to make sure i have it correct as i havent rechecked it yet and it was part of the loom that i hacked early on but im confident of sorting it ... maybe with my high gearing a TCC manual lock maybe handy for 3 rd gear on some hills lol.

i think A7 goes to the ALDL as well for TCC testing

by the way that link to the hotrod book is written by an aussie Choco think he was pioneering fuel injection before most of us even knew what it was
admittedly i think a lot of it maybe based on usa stuff

http://www.hotrodhandbooks.com.au/eBook ... #wp1000051

interesting reading
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

There's definitely some very good info in there.
Main differences to early Australian stuff is the use of MAF rather than MAP, air pump and secondary injector for cold start.
It's amazIng how far things have progressed, wonder if in 20 years time today's vehicles will appear as "simple" as these systems from the mid/late 80's.

yoda69
ekdave1962

Post by ekdave1962 »

well i checked the pins to TCC power when ignition on and wire that goes back to A7 is ok, so in practice it should have lock up but when i went for a run it failed to show engaged on TP
not sure if the fact that because the 3.08 diff and 16" wheels at 100 kpm the rev where 1100 i couldnt see any flags for RPMS and TCC lock.
either i still have wiring incorrect which i dont think so .. TCC solinoid has failed for there is a condition not met for it to lock, road speed are set at 72, engine temp at 64
does the tranny temp wire affect conditions for TCC lock eg if its not connected i didnt check the ECU connection for that one
now if it earth the tranny hi temp wire will that send a lockup signal to TCC, from my understanding that what happens when tranny get too hot
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i went through some of this crap with trying to run a T700 on a 202 with no delco .....

this is what i did from stock left to how i wired mine on the right. but it shows you how it works inside the box and what wires you need.
t700-wiringmods.jpg
t700-wiringmods.jpg (42.87 KiB) Viewed 4237 times
so basically the 2 and 3 in the box is a fail safe, if its in 4th gear (OD) and over a certain temp (OT) it will force lockup to make the box cool down .... and the one on the right is how i re-wired it internally to make the fail safes still work but also have a vacuum switch and use 4th gear as a means to have it work on the 202, worked pretty well for a simple setup, but nothing like that polish the delco adds to the system :)

so i guess as a test you could apply the ground to the wire in the aldl plug like yoda said to see if it works, if it does then theres nothing wrong in the box it will be a computer condition not being met.

but if it doesn't work in the box then you have a solenoid or something wrong ....

so yeah you should have all wires connected for it to work but you don't NEED the failsafe wire the for normal ecm control i don't believe.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

ekdave1962 wrote:but when i went for a run it failed to show engaged on TP
Im pretty sure that means the ecu is not trying to lock it. In which case something else is not right. Is road speed correct in TP5?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396