Vp Wagon

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Re: Vp Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

So if it’s wired up that way is it always at full speed or does it vary like it does if both are wired together because it sounds like it’s full pressure all the time or was it an empty system I can’t tell if it had a return hose under your thumb or not
bf6379
cars: HZ Kingswood 304
VS Ute 304
VE SV6 3.6 SIDI
VF SS 6.2

Post by bf6379 »

Dazza92VP wrote:So if it’s wired up that way is it always at full speed or does it vary like it does if both are wired together because it sounds like it’s full pressure all the time or was it an empty system I can’t tell if it had a return hose under your thumb or not
It still varies in speed depending on the pressure/flow rate demands. It runs back to a lower speed after several seconds if there has been no steering movement.

It did have fluid in it during this test. The output was connected back into the reservoir return line. The recording on the phone is much louder than it really is.

This is the way they are wired up from factory in the Astras and Zafiras. The black wire comes straight from the ignition feed and the blue/white wire comes from a dedicated connection on the alternator that has power on it only after the engine starts. You can't use the warning light terminal on the alternator to wire them up this way, because that terminal has a 12V spike on it at the moment the ignition is turned on (on Bosch alternators at least). This messes up the starting sequence and you end up with the slow start just like when the two wires are connected together.
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

Alright cool I’ll have to do a little rewiring then thanks for that mate surprised no one else has mentioned this before I could never find diagrams for it so just had to go off what other people did
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

finally decided to stop procrastinating and got a log of it hunting at idle only thing i can see is the injector bpw is super low so i switched from double to single fire and it seemed to smooth is out a fair bit as its also really rich thought that may have been from the fact that hasnt been tuned and due to the 2 1/8 single exhaust choking it but its still going rich whats everyone elses bpw at at idle im thinking the fuel pressure reg isnt pulling down the fuel pressure at idle vacuum source to the reg is fine and its not leaking back out into the manifold so pissibly jammed or am i missing something else?
Attachments
OSE_$12PV112_1BAR - Petrol with calcVE.adx
(81.99 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
OSE12P V112 - 1,2 and 3 bar water pump modded.xdf
(462.9 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
hunting.xdl
(12.29 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
12p 304modded water pump.BIN
(32 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

Just had another look at the logs and battery voltage is a bit weird and low so bumped the idle up to 800rpm and now it’s holding perfectly steady need to take it for a run but should be a lot more drivable now and it’s charging at a solid 13.7-13.6 now to get the exhaust sorted and get it breathing and fueling correctly