Vp Wagon

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Re: Vp Wagon

Post by MAGP »

I have 15" alloys on VT front brakes even though everything I have read says you must have 16".
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

was wondering that everything I read said 16 as well but vt came with 15 inch steel and alloy rims I'm sure or at least I've seen 15s on them before
Edit: just had a look and their 15s on the wagon if the fail to fit I'll grab the rims off the statesman till I can get some decent ones
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

nice progress, deadlines fast approaching :)
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

Yea deadlines 58 days away now if he decides to vacate on time I'll have the brakes done by then well and truly but the 304 is going to take a little longer. Sump needs resealing as does the timing cover new mounts and a few wiring upgrades and need to modify those poxy genie extractors to suit the t5 and move the y pipe flange into an easier spot to get to. Maybe convince the missus to let me spend money on a cam and bits for it
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

my old VN had the VT brakes on it underneathe VN SS wheels. so 15's work.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

so front brakes are done now and pulls up great still a little bit of air in the rear brake circuit as i snapped the bleed nipple on the rear left caliper but soon ill be upgrading to the corvette c4 rear calipers so wont be an issue
IMG_1579.JPG
and they just fit in 15 inch rims as per what psyolent and MAGP said
IMG_1580.JPG
yes i know they are bob jane tyres vlad but they had to be used up :lol: should have stuck them on the rears and put the bridgestones up front but they were half way through their life already
i also had the idea of seting up the 304 for the future before it goes in and getting a dowel made up to suit the hole in the back of the crank and get it fitted to the flywheel and have 4x slots machined into the back of the flywheel like below. the black timing slots are just for reference not actually were they will be and if anyone in perth has an old 304 crank thats absolutely stuffed but the flywheel mount is ok give me a pm as i need one to cut the flywheel end off for locating the dowel placement
flywheel mod.jpg
then ill mount an abs sensor block made of aluminium in the location as in the pick below then cut all but tdc no 1 tags off the distributor chopper wheel and just use it as a cam sensor and use vl400s ignition module
one see any issues with this? was thinking this end as i dont want the chopper wheel on the front of the pulleys making it had to change belts or have to space all the pulleys out and this also gives me a hard mount block to stop any vibrations from the senor bracket
block mod.jpg
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Post by VK_3800 »

The flywheel can only go on one way, one of the six bolt holes is not quite even and they are a reasonably snug fit. If you really want to add a dowel for ultra-perfect location I would just drill a new hole through both and use a much smaller dowel.
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

From what I could see I would minutes in all the locations the holes were all aligning perfectly I know the v6 engine has an offset hole but as far as i kew the 304s are internally balanced and the flywheel neutral balanced so doesn't really matter. Could be wrong and was looking at it cross eyed though didn't look at it really close
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

VK_3800 wrote:The flywheel can only go on one way, one of the six bolt holes is not quite even and they are a reasonably snug fit.
Correct, I think it's about a third of a hole out on one.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

MAGP wrote:I have 15" alloys on VT front brakes even though everything I have read says you must have 16".
Never heard of this 16" min size? have always known it to be 15".

I don't even think there are any 16" for the VT are there? thought the only choices were 15" for vast majority and some high spec and HSV models to have 17"

The only 2 wheels I know of the genuine type that are 16 is VL walkinshaw and VR GTS after sales wheels.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.