psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Re: Vp Wagon

Post by psyolent »

vladdy the calais had 16" rims on the VT.
everything else was 15 or 17 on the VT. hence 15's would work.
eg: my old VN had VN SS rims on it with VT calipers etc.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Post by VK_3800 »

Dazza92VP wrote:304s are internally balanced and the flywheel neutral balanced
That is correct but the crank bolt pattern will still only allow the flywheel or flex plate to go on in one position
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

Well if that's the case I'll see how much movement is in it if there is 5 pooftenths of stuff all in it I won't worry about the dowel to much and just get the slots cut into it which will just mean less machining of the next flywheel if it needs one
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

Weren't the 15" on VTs steel rims not alloys? Alloys are somewhat thicker than steels so I did a trial fitting to make sure there wouldn't be any interference.
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

yeah the 15" 'interceptor' press type rims were steel.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

Got the 304 cleaned up and into the workshop and thought ok sump and timing cover just need a reseal pulled timing cover off found the timing chain had a bit to much slop and had already been upgraded to the rollmaster billet setup ok that's not to bad pulled the sump off and it was like sludge in there. there was bitumen on roads thinner so may as well check the bearings. Definitely worn but ok so may as well do a rebuild on it stripped it completely apart and found these in there
image.jpg
image.jpg
Anyone know what acl part number they are they're standard size just need to know in case I decide to clean them up and run them again as I have done a bit of research and most people seem to say that acl Pistons run their own size rings. Bores only need a slight home just to remove a bit of glazing other than that you can still see the cross hatching and sizing is perfect
It's a vs sIII roller block from a hsv maloo
There was some numbers inside of the skirt but I forgot to get them also curious as to whether they are acl duralite series or race series Pistons looking at the skirt type near the oil rings would say duralite
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

They are just the factory piston as acl was supplying the Pistons for the later 304 engines. You can tell cause they all had 386 stamped on them instead of the usual acl size part number ect and normally except the earlier had the Holden number 92060458 stamped up inside.
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

Ah fair enough didn't know they also made the std Pistons for them did they do the bearings as well or just the Pistons as some of the bearings had acl think it was big ends and mains had only gm
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

I can't help you out with that one! I know gm was still doing both bearings up to vs series 2 but they did change a few suppliers when doing the roller motor. You should also have trw rods and crane made the cam shafts from vs 2 also. Not what your after but just drop in a bit more useless info :hmm:
Sounds like your bore is good to go,how about the crank?
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

Crank is std too and sizes up perfectly couple of little blemishes on the surface but a linish will get rid of that