Vp Wagon

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Vp Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

so ive been lurking around in the back ground long enough and hough i should finaly post some stuff up about my old girl finally so here goes

Vp V6 wagon
t5 manual
3.08 lsd
fe2 suspension
monroe sensatrac shocks
ecotec conversion (thanks holden202t for the ecotec bin)
usual 808 delcohacking mods 12p, nvram, comms
and full respray prob about 3 years ago now will be going back gor another respray soon get some chips and a little bit of rust that was missed the first time doesnt cost me much mates a spray painter and his dad owns the panel shop

plans for it
finish rebuilding the original v6
what ive got so far is

block has been cleaned of all flashing and de bured oil returns bored 20thou over
acl high compression pistons chrome molly rings
pistons, conrods, crank, flywheel all balanced
crank linished
balance shaft removed

still gotta port polish the heads and manifold select a cam shaft get the valve springs retainers, collets and rockers to suit. cam drive gear and exhaust system
have no idea what sort of power it will put out but i was just getting annoyed with everyone say put a v8 in it so i decided to work the 6 to shut them up
resized1.jpg
resized1.jpg (412.03 KiB) Viewed 14153 times
during the ecotec conversion
Attachments
resized 2.jpg
resized 2.jpg (305.06 KiB) Viewed 14153 times
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Vp Wagon

Post by vlad01 »

sweet! let me know how the performance goes.

0-100 times please! :mrgreen:
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
300kwv6
cars: VR V6 Stroker Turbo
BA XR6T - no more
VP V6 Vacationer - no more

Post by 300kwv6 »

Looks pretty good
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

unfortunatly the 0-100 times are in the month category at the moment bright spark me was in a hurry to replace the center bearing and get it off the hoist so one of the guys could service a truck and forgot to mark the tail shaft halves so now it vibrates at 30-40km/h and i never really done a time on it kinda baby it everywere but fuel economy on it i get about 750km to tank 650 in city
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

aren't the halves balanced individually so it shouldn't matter? Since the shaft pivots int he middle and total balancing will be void anyway from what I can see

I marked mine to the exact spine and its got harmonics from 95-100 km.

is yours auto? when mine was auto the tail shaft used to shake the whole car from 40-60km especially going up hill.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

its manual. its a phased shaft which means its set to a certain point then balance on one half of the shaft i cant remember the physics behind it but its definitely only balanced to suit one position i had vibrations on acceleration before i replaced the center bearing now i got smooth acceleration and a vibration at 30-40km/h
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

can you get them balanced?

I am going to use my manual front half and the auto rear half as i am not satisfied with the original manual rear half currently on my work car as it was pretty badly rusted and there was some damage done removing the rear uni joint as they were rusted in badly.

the front end was still ok and not too rusty and the auto shaft I have sitting here is like new if you wash it.
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

you can if you take them to any of the drive line mobs im probably going to go with hardy spicer seeing as we use them at work
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

one way to get it cheaply balanced, get a few hose clamps and put them around it just tight enough that they can spin with a slight amount of pressure, then go for a drive and they should spin to the thats out of balance, then tighten them here and it should fix the problem.

this of course assumes the balance issue is only minor as the screw part of the clamp is not that much weight!
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

You also need to make sure the uni's are correctly aligned (or even misaligned) to each other otherwise the shaft plays catch up on its self and causes vibrations, AFAIK this is what the phasing refers to? They are not always aligned on the same plane, VLs have different phasing between auto and manual.