Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
delcowizzid

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by delcowizzid »

What cam and injectors I have a couple of 12p cam tunes
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

40 ish lb FoMoCo 6 hole injectors,fully calibrated in the tune and cam specs below.

Just after idle and cranking settings ideally. The rest I will sort out on the road and dyno and I have already invested a lot of time getting all the rest of the flags and other stuff done.

cam specs.PNG
cam specs.PNG (34.56 KiB) Viewed 3871 times
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Something interesting 12P does which might help others with knock retard issues. Even with MALF codes disabled and knock ignore maxed. If there is no knock sensor install it will pull 6º anyway. So the ESC needs to be maxed on the enable temp like in the V8 tunes. I saw this straight away and thought what the? Setting the temp to max stopped it complaining.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

or set the retard value to 0 should stop it also.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Log of the initial tune and hard warm restart plus stall.

I think it may just been lean. I am not sure if lots of overlap needs richer or leaner than stock

I have already done a basic VE re-work after this tune, have increased the VE something like 44% already over the stock base line. This engine breaths!

The log attached is more for suggestion for me to look at and I will look at these when I get more time with tuning.
Attachments
red idle-1.xdl
(25.16 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
OSE $12P V112 BLCD V6-Red-VP-01.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

from the screen in the video i'd say its too rich ? and narrow band at 990 seems to say that too....

even with a big cam you shouldn't need much more than 13.5 at idle ?
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

It was jumping all over and commanded was like 10-12 on start up but more like 13-16 jumpy and back firing on actual reading. I enriched it a lot and was a lot better after, but a hot restart was the issue and hot idle after a restart seems bad too. It was much happier when cold and richer but hard to tell now as I have had so many changes to get it not to explode the floor pan, had to do some emergency shut downs as the back fires where bouncing me across the floor of the car. I thought I had split the floor pan open at that point. Holy fuck it's loud!
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Speedo corrector. Did all the calcs and should be set correctly for my diff and tyre size change.

IMG_0248.JPG
IMG_0249.JPG

This is a super common issue with the VP seats. The lumbar adjusts break. Only ever seen one not broken and I have that seat up on my rack so going to build one from the 2 seats. I am going to get the covers redone with NOS cloth near Bendigo. I washed all the covers, only took 8 was cycles in the machine. They were disgusting :lol: All the foam turned to this orange gooy crap and made an absolute mess of everything.

I am going to get the engineer/machine shop I use to made a solid steel support block with shaft to replace the pin that is held by the side tabs in the mechanism so that my good lumbar adjuster will be modded not to break. I suspect the one in the VP S should also be good being 70 odd k on the clock so I will have 3 made. One for the VR as well, that is totally broken, doesn't work at all. So will keep an eye out at the pick a part for a decent one to modify for the VR later on.

IMG_0250.JPG
IMG_0251.JPG

Also my laser cut stuff arrived. So I got the sway bar spacers fitted, one layer of 4mm was enough...just. Clears by about 2-3 mm now.

IMG_0252.JPG
IMG_0253.JPG
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I have been putting this one off since about April when it became too cold to do any painting or gluing etc..

Last 2 days the sun came out, something I have not seen for several weeks and the temp was warm in the shed with humidity not too high. About 15-17c in the shed.

The frame on the driver door had several spots of heavy surface rust around the welds and paint chips and paint worn off where he first owner was getting in and out.

The 2 back doors had a tiny spot on the back corner which I ground down and touched it up with a dab of POR15. The Passenger front door was perfect so no need to do anything.

So I spent the last 2-3 days grinding with tiny dremel bits and little wire wheels in a drill to get in the spots and preped the rest yesterday.

So I masked it today and everything else due to the large amount of over spray dust the Upol paint makes.

Before painting how the back part of the frame looked after smoothing and rust removal.

IMG_0255.JPG

Masking.
IMG_0257.JPG

Etch primer and paint.

IMG_0260.JPG

Yep, this shit goes everywhere!

IMG_0258.JPG

Looks just like factory new.

IMG_0261.JPG

So I will be chasing the remainder of good used bits from Bendigo this week including a late model glass that hasn't had a factory space bubble so hopefully not scratched up like it was dragged though a quarry.
OZ38
cars: VY V6 Commodore ute.
VS V6 Commo sedan.
VT V6 powered 4x4 Hilux ute.

Post by OZ38 »

Vlad, have you already got new door & window seals ?
If so are they still easy to get hold of ?
The sun has damaged the window seals along the top of my doors where window winds down in too I have noticed. Mine are banana shaped & when I press them back down they just pop back up again a short time later on my VS.