vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

nah not in the backing plate, its in the hub which the disk is meant to have a hole for but no manufacture bothers drilling the hole anymore making adjustment a big pita.

12mm is stuff all, it should be just enough. I would like 15mm ideally then it would have a rake like factory. It should still have a very slight one after that but it won't be noticeable, it will look flat. But with enough time the front should settle down a bit from age and weight of the engine that it should end up looking right in a few years. atm the ass is lower once I filled up, was flat prior to filling the tank so it needs that 12mm for sure. I did measure it by jacking the rear up 6mm and then 12mm. 12mm was just enough.

Going to drop the car this week back to the exhaust guy and he is going to change the tail pipe from the mufflers before the diff to a single 3" tail pipe. This way it will clear the diff upper mount and he is also going to add a resonator. Its not loud at all until you hit the pedal under load and then it's stupid loud! sounds great though :lol:

So at least I should not loose the sound too much as it's only a single at the very last stretch and dual most of the way.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

well make it Vlad spec and drill a bloody hole in it son.

um why did the exhaust clear correctly in the first place? thinking. about it i guess if you ran twin pipes up and over theres not alot of clearance under there so i think i get it. 3” will be just as loud and probably more droney.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

yeah twin pipes, the mount is under one of the pipes. A single pipe to the right of the mount, aka factory position will work. Unfortunately no complete dual for this, if it was an IRS car it could as they had dual option as they have much more room, just not enough room on live axle.

It should still flow well with 2-1/4" x 2 going into one 3". On the plus it can now get a resonator where with dual it could not due to room. It shall quieten it up some and take a bit of the loud "bwow" sound out lol. Its fucken loud when it does that.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

as long as it doesnt sound like one of those stupid fart cannon VE’s the P Platers drive with their straight thru exhausts. fuck they sound like shit.
Cheers,

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

it kind of does when it hits resonance. kind of sound like a jag with a sports exhaust when it hit that point. everywhere else in the rev/load range it sounds awesome.

Pretty sure that is the job of a resonator it to dampen peak resonance. It should get rid of that bit of the range.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Mang Mang Mang....
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

mang mang mang = bang bang bang
Cheers,

vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

its more bwwow bwwow lol and clank clack as it goes over bumps.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

I ran ultra low springs and twin 2.25 all the way so it's do-able used to drag the header flanges if you braked to hard into a sweeper and hit any bumps lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

It might be, but looking there is fuck all space for it. I'm going for single tailpipe section which will get a resonator as well as it's way too barky and loud on the pedal lol. Its as loud as straight out the headers on full noise but quiet on idle.