vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

:thumbup: nothing gets in the way of me.
Attachments
IMG_1783.JPG
IMG_1782.JPG
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

nothing gets in the way of me.
except your ocd.... :lol:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Does it? or does it get in other people's way? ;)
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Made another order. I forgot the oil pressure switch connectors on the last order. I also found a fair few wires no good, brittle as glass so running complete new ones for those.

Also got a heap of late model LS style coil connectors and bits to suit. Stocked up on some terminals too. That will be for the future VP S project.

Only thing I am now short on is 12g red with black stripe, purple 14g wire and a bunch of 0.250 series non sealed, tang-less and dimple-less female spade type connectors.

G reckons he has them, but its its not exactly the right fit as the OEM ones I found the identical ones right here at RS components.

http://au.rs-online.com/web/p/crimp-rec ... s/6831443/

http://docs-asia.electrocomponents.com/ ... df81f5.pdf

By the way, VL can make me a custom ignition board to take the delphi connector or a number if I like. Perhaps if anyone wants one Vlad spec style, it would be worth making a small run as long as the commitment is there to buy the boards.

EFIconn-order.PNG
EFIconn-order.PNG (38.63 KiB) Viewed 8648 times
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

I'd be interested in getting an ignition module with the Delphi connector to do the same as you and put it all in a 424 casing but have to check with the missus to see if im allowed to spend anything
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

LOL, whats with every bloke's missus having a career in finance? Must be a chick thing?
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

Because if I had it my way the house would be sold and a workshop bought and we'd be living out of the smoko room
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Dazza92VP wrote:Because if I had it my way the house would be sold and a workshop bought and we'd be living out of the smoko room

Thats my dream! wait?! my reality is near close enough :lol:
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Did some more on the loom. All grounds run with new wire and lug terminals.

O2/WB heater and ECU grounds done.

IMG_1801.JPG
lol this one was a bit hectic. That has A12, D10, D6, ALDL Ground, WB (ECU ground) all to the 10mm ground lug.

D1 and D3 are as per normal except I added WD heater ground down close to the 8mm lug so it has lest interference to the rest of the system.

Also I heard the car was getting close to paint so I got into gear to try get the bumpers ready.

These are a damn PITA! can't just cut them out. I found a thin scalpel type blade heated red hot and slice the section out that way and then spend the next 20 carefully sanding it out to shape and smooth. This plastic doesn't sand really. its got s stringy grippy like grain, just fluffs up and rolls off little bits. Like trying to sand the rubbery grip stuff that put on phones and pens etc..

Just 2 more to go :shock: Seriously I wish there was a die cutting like tool for this shaped hole. The factory probably did.

IMG_1802.JPG
IMG_1803.JPG
IMG_1804.JPG
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

what is the word on the red rocket VSH? any news? been thinking about it the last couple of days.
Because if I had it my way the house would be sold and a workshop bought and we'd be living out of the smoko room
i often say i need a 1sq house and 40sq garage.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.