Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Dylan »

I know the VT super 6 had a premium recommend sticker.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

gtrboyy wrote:What do you think the whole heater box/fan assembly would weigh?
about 3-4Kg not much at all.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

The shit $2 shop paint on the very expensive race balancer was pissing me off with its flaking and rusting, not even seen the light of day.

So I fixed that and made it look and be the quality of the other pulleys.

IMG_2698.JPG

Bettera!
IMG_2707.JPG

And installed, looks at home now.
IMG_2720.JPG

Finished of the bay by getting some hose clamps for the heater hoses and such and also fitted the A/C lines and pipes with pressure switches etc..

IMG_2717.JPG

All your fault Psyolent!

IMG_2722.JPG

Carpet in :thumbup:
IMG_2730.JPG
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Even more :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: with NOS matching VP mats.

IMG_2732.JPG

Then I sorted the vent trim foam edging.
IMG_2734.JPG
IMG_2735.JPG
IMG_2736.JPG

Finally found the speaker grilles from this actual car, they were in the box I already looked twice lol, they were much better than the ones I first restored, only one needed the screw hole tab repaired at the bottom edge of the hole, cleaning up, some primer on one of the grille's mesh and 2 coats of custom dye, foam tape and the retaining clip put back on.

IMG_2737.JPG

Decided to get a new KC stat housing as they are clear anodized? or whatever but I know they look new for what seems forever. My VR had one when I bought it and it still looks like its out of the packet while everything else is oxidizing.

Only thing is they like many KC things need some attentions to make it right. I lapped it on my sandblasted tempered glass sheet with cutting compound. Gives a super flat and fine finish in no time, as I suspected its was way out of flatness. Now its so flat I can stick it to laundry window just with water, like a suction cup :lol:

Looks much finer than the concrete lapping job from KC. Important thing is its dead flat now and won't leak.

I also got original screws for the housing delta protekt coated as the champion screws threads are rolled on the loose side of tolerance and wobble a lot in the holes on these engines. That fixed that, looks better and also won't ever rust.

I also changed from the tridon? high flow performance stat to genuine GM one. Not a fan of tridon and all GM ones have been spot on and lasted for as long as I have had them, unlike the tridon were they are out of whack and get worse in 3-6 months, not worth the chance so I pissed it off.

IMG_2733.JPG
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I swapped out the pushrods on the engine from the Cr-Mo solid wall super HD crow cams rods to their 0.080" high carbon HD pushrods as they are way more than strong enough for this valve-train but much lighter than the solid wall Cr-Mo ones.

That was more of a 2ndary task as what I way really needing to do was replace the original 400k valve stem collets as having seen some on other people's engine break and mine looked funky with weird copper staining and discolourations from what seems some sort of electrolysis reaction. I was not keen on keeping them so I replaced them with crow cams direct replacement HD ones.

So now I was satisfied the engine will be right.

Then the last thing was to finish off the ECU end of the conduit and tidy that up, finish off the data connector and call it done!

IMG_2743.JPG

Also today I cleaned up the k-frame and installed the rack on it with return line.

This will meet the engine/trans halfway in the car so I can install the extractors with relative ease, not possible to install them onces the frame and engines are installed.

IMG_2744.JPG

These turned up yesterday.

Custom short travel, slow bleed, tie bar roller lifters by Johnson to suit Buick. Also have another set coming for G and his ecotec.

As seen the Buick set has long and short tie bars as they have odd lifter bore centers from middle pairs to outer pairs. Ecotec have all equal centers which as the same as the longer ones in this set.
IMG_2738.JPG
IMG_2739.JPG

And they fit! :thumbup: as calculated they have about 40 thou clearance on stock base circle, so they should work even with my custom cam for the next engine but I probably will have the front edge of the lifter bores machined to add clearance to be sure.

This is not an issue with ecotec as they have slightly shallower bores giving an extra 1-1.5mm from memory to those tie bars so they should work with just about any cam.

IMG_2740.JPG
IMG_2741.JPG
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Post by heff0018 »

Coming along nicely :thumbup: I like the use of the sandblasted glass to flatten the thermo housing gasket face.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

:shock: holy shit vlad, looking good :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

That balancer is not NOS or OEM....

Looks good though and a much better piece than OEM.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

yeah I needed a heavier more robust balancer to deal with the increases RPM and abuse.

Its SFI 18.1 ? race spec and cost a bomb. They could of put better paint on it but of course it was shit and ended up rusting after a few months.
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

vlad01 wrote:yeah I needed a heavier more robust balancer to deal with the increases RPM and abuse.

Its SFI 18.1 ? race spec and cost a bomb. They could of put better paint on it but of course it was shit and ended up rusting after a few months.
Of course ! What the fuck were they thinking lmfao