XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by psyolent »

oh its in baby shit brown too. DEFINATELY needs restoring
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Yep lol
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Time for the tail shaft.

Stripped of the shit grey paint from when I had the shaft done. Cleaned up any spots of rust missed. They did a very good job actually considering what I gave them.

Only few pits here and there with bit of rust so not much effort to clean those up.

I used thinners and couple of cloths to wash off the the grey paint.

IMG_2829.JPG

Etch primer.

IMG_2837.JPG

Finally was able to find someone who stocked the U-POL gloss black. Holy shit this is good paint. Together with wattlyl super etch its super durable and sticks like dog shit.

I did my BMX bits and handles back in 2010 in this combo and its still not worn off or rusted or any sort of adhesion/chipping issues.

The spray nozzles are by far the best I have ever used. Paint comes out like fog and gives an awesome finish and can get into any tight spot, around corners etc..

IMG_2839.JPG

Installed.

IMG_2844.JPG

Got a new Delkor battery and genuine 4.9 bosch WB from G.

Bit of an issue here but I will be adding a bung further back on a 45º after the flange as there is a tone of space and the gearbox happens to have lugs with holes right next to the spot so I can clip either a NB or WB sensor/controller sockets straight on the box and the pigtail is the perfect length to reach the proposed bung without cables hanging loose. Win win! oh and be a shit ton easier to install.

As it is now its not good at all. Hard up against the floor. Took me ages to get the thread started because of that, Thought if I screwed it in all the way there would be enough room but nope, still against the floor. damn it! :comp:

IMG_2846.JPG
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

looking great under there vsh. pity about the os2 sensor.
Cheers,

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Yeah no big deal, custom exhaust is needed so it's nothing to add a extra bung in the process.

In other news I purchased a strap on heat sheath to cut to length for the clutch cable section where it goes through the pipes on the headers down near the PS rack. Just to stop radiant heat from possibly damaging the cable.

Also purchased a Mace CAI kit with cheapo pod option as I will be swapping out for one of these. Mainly because its longer than the supplied pod as they must also fit VR onward with washer bottle. VN/VP don't have this limitation.

The other bonus is the nice radius bell-mouth like base of these more premium range of K&N filters. The lower end K&N are more of a sharp edge on the inlet part of the base.

https://www.knfilters.com/search/produc ... =RX-4730XD

Some close up pics in there.

probably will make stuff all difference but hey at least it will help smooth the transition and also help amplify the induction note :thumbup:
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

.........context. In other news I purchased a strap on .....
Cheers,

vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

That's what it says on the box! or is that in the box?
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

All the stuff I needed laser cut has been done and should be delivered tomorrow or Friday.

I ended up finding a online based mob in Bendigo which had it turned around in less than 2 days.

The other mob Dylan suggested still hasn't got back to me on when they think they will get to cut it. Hassled them several times over the last several? weeks. They are useless just like all the others I tried before.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Glad you're sorted mate anyway. I emailed them a drawing this afternoon for a small order. I'll see when it turns up.
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

maybe try the mob in Bendigo Dylan. Vlad - do share - I know I've often had stuff I wanted done and was like where even to start!
Cheers,