cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Just the way I like it! All VSH.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

bloody hell someone works to VSH spec. that looks amazing mate. awesome stuff.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Finally got the replacement rear bar, all done and ready to deliver to the shop. This one was a lot better than the previous one, took me only a few hours to do the holes for the brackets and mould.

Also recently scored all the mud flaps I have been looking out for a couple of years, got 2 NOS sets of front VN/VP ones, completed the set for the VP S and also same time someone was setting matching rear NOS set, so now I have the real deal for the red VP as well, saves me from having to use VR ones on it.

Also buying NOS V6 heads from the states and talked a bit to HSD on developing them for the S, also talked to Mahle motor sport division regarding making a set of custom pistons based on their off the self formula/saloon Holden pistons, only problem is I need to send them a head and exact cam data to make them due to the closeness of the valves when working from flat top/domed design and a cam with 300º of duration lol. Problem is I don't feel like having to spend 5k on the heads and then sending them to the states just so I can get the pistons made for 1200 bucks haha, and then them sitting around for a long time doing nothing and deteriorating. Good the options are their though. The guys at Mahle are really helpful and know their shit.

quite interested in their new option of 1mm,1mm, 2mm ring package.

Got call from power brakes in SA today and the booster is all done, new hoses for the rear made at well. So that's another thing done. The guy there was super impressed with the e-coat and we had a good chat, a VN to current nut by the sounds of it.

Also contacted PWR and they still have my radiator design on file so I will get another made for this car with higher fin density like the OEM have where as the one in the VR atm from PWR had a larger fin pitch and less surface area than the OEM type, not a bad idea as the engine should put out 100hp more that the VR does.

Also got drawing for a transmission cooler which I will use for power steering cooling as been discussed in another thread regarding over driving the PS system, which I do a lot on my Holdens given I always thrash them. I always get PS fluid split all over the pump and engine. Seems it overflows from over expansion of the fluid due to heat. I always thought it was bad seals on the reservoir but I have proven that wrong with new ones. Only happens when revving the crap out the engines.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Heads are on its way. Should get them just before x-mas.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Heads arrived today, just need to go pick them up. Shit that was fast lol. DHL ftw!
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Post by heff0018 »

vlad01 wrote:Heads arrived today, just need to go pick them up. Shit that was fast lol. DHL ftw!
Yeah, some suppliers are fully switched on with the delivery systems. Others not so. I have had parts arrive quicker from the US than if I had bought the same part in Australia.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I actually have had that happen for most items from over seas arriving faster than within Aus. Normally takes me 1.5-2 weeks for stuff here to arrive., about 5-7days from over seas on average. This took 2 days lol, meanwhile I ordered a NOS quarter glass from QLD on the 23rd of last month, still waiting.
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Post by heff0018 »

vlad01 wrote:I actually have had that happen for most items from over seas arriving faster than within Aus. Normally takes me 1.5-2 weeks for stuff here to arrive., about 5-7days from over seas on average. This took 2 days lol, meanwhile I ordered a NOS quarter glass from QLD on the 23rd of last month, still waiting.
Yeah it’s seems some sellers have their postage days once a week. Most parts I order from Pentastar in Sydney takes a minimum of a week to be delivered sometimes much longer. I ordered a set of MSD ignition leads through Amazon in the US and received them in 5 days.