Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
delcowizzid

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by delcowizzid »

If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

thats very good is that.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

yeah I have that but doesn't show which resistor it actually is, there is a number of them on both boards.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

There's only 2 of that ohms there may be a picture in my main thread of all my shit from when I did the lh dash but it's a lot of pages to go through
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

vlad can you put a photo up which is hi res so we can see the resistor colours dude.
Cheers,

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Yeah I'll post up pics. Reading the resistor isn't what I'm after I just want to make sure I got the right one before removing it.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

no i know but as delco said ; they will be easily identifiable by value :)
Cheers,

vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Making some mods to the MACE cai. Didn't really like how I would otherwise have to bend everything in order to get the pipe down into the box and still be under stress.

So I got a 30º 3" aluminium bend from ebay and started cutting it up to the right ends lengths. Can't finish it until the K & N filter I purchased arrives. It's a lot better suited for the other models before the VR washer bottle style which require a short pot filter.

IMG_2999.JPG

Mostly sorted the steering column, NOS steering wheel of course ;) Just holding off from the last bits as I am rebuilding the steering lock and barrel. Lock is just fine and will get a clean out and re-grease but the barrel is a bit funny. I found not the wafers and outer barrel worn but the end part of the inner and outer barrel, the end inside the lock and not the key hole end. So when I get a chance I will call the locksmith down in Gisbourne as they are really top notch and get them to cut me one of my NOS keys and order in and code up a new barrel and if they have some a new security snap off type bolt get one of those too.

One thing you need to take note of, when removing the old steering wheel if the case of no front end built yet, you need to mark the orientation on the spline so that replacing or installing a new wheel will give you the correct center of PS rack travel. I checked this after by aligning the wheel straight and checking the tie-rod end distance with straight edge and a ruler against the edge of the K-frame. 185mm exactly both sides! :thumbup: considering all the variability in the rack , mounting etc.. I was expecting a few mm out at least but to be exact on the first go given me pretty good confidence.

IMG_2989.JPG

Finally! got my rotors back from ACS, only took 5 months :lol:

IMG_2997.JPG
IMG_2998.JPG

Decided to mount the PS cooler the traditional way rather than the bracket I had made up, classic scenario of me overthinking it.

I just got some SS special oversized OD panel washers for cheap from ebay uk, cut the rubber washers to suit at work and some ss nylocs, cap head bolts and called it done. Looks great!

IMG_3002.JPG

Installed the lot.
Only I ran out of oil cooler line even though I estimated 1m extra, doh :x

IMG_3003.JPG
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Also radiator is being made, should have it in a week.

Suspension parts are being sorted by centreline suspension in Thomastown. Bilstein shocks are in, springs? no idea yet and the adjustable sway bars are being manufactured by superpro as I speak.

Air filter soon should arrive this week coming.

Brake pads are on their way, A1RMs all round for this setup.

So not too long this should be rolling and be able to start preparing for engine start up. Though I need tyres too and got this guy working on that for me since 215-60R-15 is well and truly obsolete in anything other than the worst possible tyres on the market. cough cough supercat, Bob jane, BF goodrich.

http://tracksidetyres.com.au/

Some sizes that are bit wider, but smaller diameter that might work? He reckon my size he has some street performance tyres so waiting to hear back with details.

Maybe even the remaining body parts should be painted by then?

I will also need to strip all the seats, wash the covers and take them to a place outside of Bendigo to get redone. Used this guy before and he is really good, just takes a while as everyone else does lol
Last edited by vlad01 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Looking good Vlad :thumbup:

BTW, that car in the back ground is dusty...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...