VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

You can find it here.

https://tinyurl.com/2fcpre6
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Does anybody object to me deleting page 272?

:lol:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

vlad01 wrote:You can find it here.

https://tinyurl.com/2fcpre6
:lol: :lol: :lol:
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Ignition barrel and keys all sorted now. Just waiting for a sheer bolt.

IMG_0049.JPG

Boot full of drugs.. I mean suspension parts.

IMG_0045.JPG

There is a left and right front spring, right side slightly longer to accommodate the extra weight on that side. Very interesting

IMG_0047.JPG
IMG_0046.JPG

I got Bilsteins. Front ones are pretty different to the usual designs out there. These even have an inbuilt bump stop inside the shocks them selves.

IMG_0048.JPG

Got them all assembled.

IMG_0051.JPG
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Sway bars are awesome. Built by Fulcrum aka Superpro. Front are 3 setting adjustable and rear is fixed.

I thought they were 30 and 20mm but when I saw the bushes included they are actually 31 and 21, holy crap.

IMG_0050.JPG

Fitted the struts. Got them on a caster bias setting which allows extra caster at the cost of camber adjustment. Hopefully the camber works out ok.

IMG_0054.JPG

With the level app on the phone I measured 5º of caster, that's a pretty decent amount, fully extended travel the camber is +2º so once level on wheels being lowered it should be somewhere around 0 or 1+, would of loved -1 but the tops don't allow that much unless I take it all apart, reconfigure for - camber by swapping the inner plates from left to right. But then I won't get any extra caster over factory. hmmm but I like caster though.
IMG_0055.JPG

Started to setup the sway bar but the hardware included had no instructions and the bolts and nuts were random ones that don't fit what's there or anything. The links and bracket is correct though so I need to go to the auto store and get the correct fasteners. I think they must of mixed up the wrong fastener kit with the sway bar kit.

I am also going to make up a rubber pad to go between the bracket and lower arm to give better conformity since the plate is flat but the arm is a weird shape where the hole is. It does bolt up tight but when loose it rocks on 2 corners so a rubber insulating pad will be a great idea!

IMG_0056.JPG
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

vlad01 wrote:The links and bracket is correct though so I need to go to the auto store and get the correct fasteners.
Might be time to invest in a decent set of chassis stands while you’re there.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Nah, they are too dangerous I had the fuckers fall over a few times. So I use these now and tested them on an old scrap car to make sure they can't move, they don't unless you try to tow the car of them :lol:

These are wider than they are tall and have a huge footprint, off the self stands are narrow and very tall, do up a bolt too vigorously on the car and the things can tip over and kill you. Fuck that.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

vlad01 wrote:Nah, they are too dangerous I had the fuckers fall over a few times. So I use these now and tested them on an old scrap car to make sure they can't move, they don't unless you try to tow the car of them :lol:

These are wider than they are tall and have a huge footprint, off the self stands are narrow and very tall, do up a bolt too vigorously on the car and the things can tip over and kill you. Fuck that.
^^^, been there :o :x
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Actually my camber will be better and I can get even more caster without going too positive.

Here is a pic of the original setup, it shows the factory had the shaft point further out.

At the moment I have it in the inward as far as it goes at a small cost in caster, I can push it further back for more caster but this starts to move it out some in the positive direction, but looks like I got a fair amount before I even reach factory camber. So I should be able to add even more caster and still be more negative than factory.

IMG_1358 (2).JPG