Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by HQ355 »

Gota love restored NOS parts ! Awsome job mate
oldn64
cars: Vq Statesman, VE SS wagon, VE Sv6, VY SV8, VL Belina

Post by oldn64 »

Hey Vlad,

wasnt the VR's having the same fan control? these might be less worn and you might be able to repaint the marker so it is bright like the other controls. Looking great though!!! :thumbup:

Cheers
oldn64
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Cheers all !

Yeah they are the same from VN to VS but colors vary from model to model and variants. Black is pretty uncommon, mostly seen in VP II and VP vacationer pretty much, both uncommon today, especially the later.

VR were mostly grey as was the VN and early VP. VS might have black ones?

I do have it on my list for the next wrecker trip.

I was giving it a shot at repainting the marker before on my old vacationer, I am useless at artistic skills :lol: It's a no go.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
oldn64
cars: Vq Statesman, VE SS wagon, VE Sv6, VY SV8, VL Belina

Post by oldn64 »

vlad01 wrote:Cheers all !

Yeah they are the same from VN to VS but colors vary from model to model and variants. Black is pretty uncommon, mostly seen in VP II and VP vacationer pretty much, both uncommon today, especially the later.

VR were mostly grey as was the VN and early VP. VS might have black ones?

I do have it on my list for the next wrecker trip.

I was giving it a shot at repainting the marker before on my old vacationer, I am useless at artistic skills :lol: It's a no go.

Fineline tape and a paint brush might be your friend... I would practise on a grey one :P :thumbup:

cheers
oldn64
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Did the middle section of the NOS poo brown console. It is grey so I changed it to black.

Used a heat gun to keep the drying dye above dew point to avoid ruining the finish, got dark before I laid the coats and thus cold very quick.

The console and spray can was pre-heated though so it helped most of the problem, just that evaporation itself has a great cooling effect.
IMG_0325.JPG

After it touch dried and masking off. Finally ran out of paper. The roll lasted regular use since 2012-13. Damn good run :thumbup:

Just have to mask the middle and now do the outside in light blue/grey when the weather permits.

IMG_0326.JPG

Picked up my AC hoses, fittings and clamps. The mob I used in Bendigo modified my old fittings to take modern barbs, hoses and clamps as complete hoses were NLA for many years before I even had the cars. The only shit thing I discovered is the compressor bolt the new comp comes with is half the length needed to attach the fittings. So I had to dig around and only one pair I managed to find so I need to get them re-plated in zinc with some bits I need redone. They are extra fine thread M8 with 12mm heads, so a weird type.

Anyway no big deal.

I also picked up my aerial adapter plates from the sheet metal place in Bendigo I got to fold up for me. Worked out a treat!

IMG_0327.JPG

Only now I need to make an eyeleted extension wire for the existing eyeleted ground that is meant to go on the lower bracket but is too short to even go anywhere.

I did jam it on the body to at least test it all and it works! really well actually.

IMG_0330.JPG
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Finished that.

IMG_0331.JPG
IMG_0332.JPG

Made a more elegant OBD to ALDL patch. Old one above I used for a while.

IMG_0336.JPG

Mounted it like so. panel has some angles on it that prevent front facing orientation as the glove box gets in the way and the ALDL cable can't plug in. So sideways it is.

IMG_0337.JPG

Once again I had a visit from the castle looking place. The 2 young bloke digged the car, Holden nuts themselves.

IMG_0338.JPG

Finished the dash parts, glove box and side vent side covers in.

IMG_0339.JPG
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

And installed the cover under the glove box before the glove box itself went in.

Got to go in that order as the clips are between the glove box and the dash frame. A tidy up of cables and ECU put in place. Works as planned.

IMG_0340.JPG
Comcal76

Post by Comcal76 »

Coming together nicely Vlad.
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Awesome work Vlad, looks amazing.
:thumbup: :thumbup:
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

This arvo I crimped up the clamps for the AC hoses.
IMG_0376.JPG
Nekminit...done.

IMG_0378.JPG