vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Changed the fluids in the diff and gearbox today for the first 1000km run in period. Nothing too exciting.

Found this absolute gem of a site for injector specs, it's should be copied and made a sticky on here somewhere so in case the site is lost.

http://www.gomog.com/allmorgan/InjectorRatesBosch.html
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Finally got around to getting some Corvette C4 rear caliper brackets to suit my group A calipers.

FYI the stock bolts are class 10.9, M10 x 18 x 1.25. The Corvette/Group A ones are class 10.9, M12 X 20 X 1.5 (that's perfectly flush including m12 spring washer) So an off the shelf standard either from Wurth or ebay Uk.

The backing plate will need to be re-drilled to suit M12.

IMG_1863.JPG
IMG_1864.JPG
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

so i assume this needs a different disc which has less back space ?
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Yes, basically the same backing just double the thickness and vented.

PN: DBA 020 is it.

Also the Group A caliper has around 40mm piston vs the 38mm in the standard type.

I'm going for VT front , Group A rear and VT master and booster conversion. My only concern is if the booster will work any good with the lack of vac due to the 308º, 258 @ 50, 106 LSA cam.

Suppose I will just have to try and see :study:
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

If your vacuum is low, you could always run a ve sidi vacuum pump and switch inline. Works well for my low vac applications.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Damn, I wanted a set of those calipers/brackets for my Senator.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

vs ss wrote:If your vacuum is low, you could always run a ve sidi vacuum pump and switch inline. Works well for my low vac applications.
I have looked into this before, where do you get OEM switches from? I can't even confirm their existence. Only ones I could find are the ones that come with those china universal pumps.
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

I just used a couple of universal type switches from usa and I think Aeroflow do one.( although not sure on quality or price)The vf has it fitted in the check valve that goes into the booster ( and the later be stuff) but from memory uses a 3 wire 5 volt signal to trigger. From memory this is because the bcm does controlling. Maybe we should put it through one of the Delcos spare pins and make a vacuum :typist: map to come on at a certain vac and off at another while triggering a warning light if drops below another level. Just thinking out loud now :lol:
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

vlad01 wrote:Yes, basically the same backing just double the thickness and vented.

PN: DBA 020 is it.

Also the Group A caliper has around 40mm piston vs the 38mm in the standard type.

I'm going for VT front , Group A rear and VT master and booster conversion. My only concern is if the booster will work any good with the lack of vac due to the 308º, 258 @ 50, 106 LSA cam.

Suppose I will just have to try and see :study:
You should be ok with vacuum, I run a larger cam in my Torana than this & still has vacuum. Another option is to use a vacuum tank in the system, fitted up under the guard out of sight.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

The VT booster is quite large so it hopefully should store enough vac during peak vac. I'm sure even if it's not great it will be much better overall than the current "v8" stock VP brakes with 1" master which is already worse than the bad standard 15/16" single diaphragm setup. Almost can't stop in the car the way it is atm. I remember missing the owner's driveway on the test drive when I bought it and I was only doing like 30km/h :? :lol: