cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Finished the rear belts.

Still need to install the right side after I get the quarter glass sorted. Left side is done though.

I used a die grinder and a large burr to make the semi circle cut outs for the screw mounts. Glued in the used end caps I had. Came out great :thumbup:

IMG_0788.JPG
IMG_0787.JPG
IMG_0789.JPG
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Finally got the custom vinyl paint made up for the quarter glass mould in the door. Turned out good and much better flexibility over the VHT gloss stuff.

So finished up most of the door just after painting that mould. Need to fit the outer rubber and that's it for the doors except inside trims.

Got the NOS and used mud flap brackets blasted, primed and painted. I have bent them to shape of the guards too but not in this photo.
IMG_0841.JPG
IMG_0822.JPG
Left to do.

Driver side gutter.

Seats and lumbar adjuster

Mud flaps.

Exhaust.

door trims and membranes .

A/C gas and oil

Swap boot lid over. (was a defect in the paint so they did another spare boot lid for me for nothing, someone push the car in the booth with no gloves and a hand print came up in the paint some few months latter lol :lol: :? )

Dyno tune and club rego. :thumbup:
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Looking Vlad, will be interested to see what numbers you get on the Dyno.
:driving:
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Dyno numbers don’t matter, shed skids do :D
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Finished the driver side gutter. For some reason it was out of alignment with the screw holes by 3mm. The opera window trim was as far back as it could go and no dice so I ended up modding the gutter trim by filling the end until it was shot enough to fit with hole lining up and pushed back as far as I could. Just dabbed some grey paint on the end and you wouldn't even know. So that side looks complete now and outer rubber is also done on the rear door.

Will get a pic tomorrow when there is enough light.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

IMG_0858.JPG
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Mud flaps done.

IMG_0860.JPG
IMG_0861.JPG
IMG_0862.JPG
IMG_0863.JPG
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Been a while since the last update, been waiting on a few things to get done by other people. But finally I have something to work with again.

Seat covers are done. Got most of them on now but the rear center arm rest bit had a mistake so the guy is going to correct it for me when I drop it back. The insert plastic strips were in the wrong place so I couldn't insert them into the channel.

Can't do the driver seat yet, my lumbar adjuster mods still not finished yet lol, nearly 7 months for a 2-3 hour job :lol: :thumbdown: engineering shops for ya. At least they are mostly done so should be finished this week? I'll ring them to give them another (347th) push on Monday. I got a driver seat in the car as a temp so I can drive it which is my best one so I will pull that one when I'm finished with it and install the new covers and new lumbar adjuster.

Trying to get the exhaust organized for the weekend or whenever. Then drive straight from there to G's shop for dyno and AC gassing and drive home from there.

Door trim membrane files are done, waiting for the test printouts to arrive and make any adjustments before heading to a old customer of mine and borrow his machine to cut the final ones out of clear barrier sheeting you can buy from a hardware store.

IMG_0947.JPG
IMG_0955.JPG
IMG_0956.JPG
gtrboyy
cars: vp 'moo mang' ute
torana
bombadores

Post by gtrboyy »

What are they doing for the seat?

Hard to find any without that annoying freeplay/movement.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

The lumbar adjuster? The one I mean is the lever on the side of the driver seat, not the wheel one. They always break off inside the seat so the lever does nothing. I am having the mechanism hinge replaced with a much more solid replacement so it works again and doesn't break off.

I'll post pic of it when I get it back.

Other news the car is at the exhaust shop and should have a new system ready in a week. Thanks G for trailing it there for me. :thumbup:

First time I ever really drove it, just in and out the shed and on/off the trailer but seems like everything is running well and smooth.