vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Springs, locks arrived. All checks out there.

The LS lifters from ZZP arrived too but upon inspection the look fake despite them confirming them genuine GM.

Non GM number that yields 0 results on google. 81021B2X is what it has etched on the side in a crooked angle. Weird yellow retaining clip. One had rusty grease debris in the push rod cup and inside the hydraulics itself. The peening of the axle shaft is way off center. Also only 2mm of travel not the 4.22m or so that part is meant to have. Only one moved, others are jammed too. Nothing like the genuine LS lifters I ordered from them last time.

Doesn't surprise me, I ordered a bunch of stuff from them last year and one was a machined oil pump cover and it was uneven thickness and looked totally different to the last one I ordered back in 2015. In this case I am going have my original cover machined by the engine builder.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Called Holden, they can get me LT non AFM lifters for about $22 each. Part number 12648846. Quick google and couldn't find the preload so going to have to measure it out myself. Plunger travel /2 - 1% = preload.

They confirmed that the ones I got aren't genuine, china fakes. :thumbdown:
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Deuce
cars: TUF355

Post by Deuce »

Care to share where NOT to buy these thinks from?

Also what octane are you running? I think from memory that BP98 will leave a red tinge on my plugs in my bike (it's the only fuel I use in it as low rpm/high load pings on caltex95). So the red plugs/NB O2 might be the same for you.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Your comment is only Chinese fake. Sound like typical Chinese garbage to me. I have seen so much shit come out of that country I have a policy. If I can get it made elsewhere I will pay the extra.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Fake lifters from ZZP?

Damn.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Charlescrown wrote:I have seen so much shit come out of that country I have a policy. If I can get it made elsewhere I will pay the extra.
Yea, unfortunately it's getting nearly impossible to find much of anything worth a shit in this new world ... Seems like it's all coming from China, even when they say it's not!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Deuce wrote:Care to share where NOT to buy these thinks from?

Also what octane are you running? I think from memory that BP98 will leave a red tinge on my plugs in my bike (it's the only fuel I use in it as low rpm/high load pings on caltex95). So the red plugs/NB O2 might be the same for you.

ZZP. They still have good stuff but I am hearing they are hit and miss these days. Quite disappointing as I have purchased lots from them in the past.

Intense racing is another 3800 seller and has better rep these days.

As for the fuel I use just 91 or E10, mainly BP but united as well. I never had the red stuff from 98 but certainly had issues with 95 in the past. I am sure the red stuff was from the coolant entering the intake ports. I was losing about 1L of coolant a week out the exhaust.
immortality

Post by immortality »

I've been using Intense and ZZP of late. More so Intense though.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Gampy wrote:
Charlescrown wrote:I have seen so much shit come out of that country I have a policy. If I can get it made elsewhere I will pay the extra.
Yea, unfortunately it's getting nearly impossible to find much of anything worth a shit in this new world ... Seems like it's all coming from China, even when they say it's not!

Even worse now with covid as profits are even harder to make, so companies are outsourcing more than ever. That's what I suspect happened here. Their LS lifters remained the same price for years but if you look at the GM online outlet shops the price of the lifters have gone up a lot. 3x what ZZP sells them for. I should have checked this before buying.

The Holden dealer spares guy said it's been really hard to get the lifters as supply has dropped and demand skyrocketed due to covid projects. He said GM superseded the lifters to their latest LT performance one to save costs and consolidate production and increase supply. So 17122490 that I got last time now is 12576400 which then became 12648846, which is now 12698945.
immortality

Post by immortality »

That there is part of the problem, when searching there are so many different part numbers shown for LS7 lifters you get lost. Makes it even harder to pick genuine from fakes. I bought my set from Intense. Hopefully they are genuine ones?