vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

well apparently that got fucked again after it got fixed and returned when storms in Melbourne blew a loaded skip bin straight into it haha. Fucking karma bitches!

Yes I do remember and it was funny.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I love it when you make a gazillion changes in the tune in one go from almost no data from a previous run and it works out almost bang on!

Winner winner chicken dinner!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE6adKXrk2E[/youtube]
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Comcal76

Post by Comcal76 »

Has a nice raspy sound to it running straight out of the extractors. What size exhaust are you planning on using
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

2 separate 2-1/4" systems
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Where’s the mang????
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

don't look at me, that was HQ's job.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Trace out and draft done on the door membranes. I sent these to Stick this decals in SA to do the files as I am hopeless at hand drawing curves based on numbers and ideally need to scan it. He has the tools and skills to do this with ease and do it right

So he will do his art work magic and I will do some test fits from print outs he will send back to me and the files so I can tweak the hole locations based on fit as they are currently based on the out of whack holes the used and NOS originals had.

Once we get it right I can cut my own as needed and he can start making kits to call his own. Everybody wins!

IMG_0483.JPG
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Not much to update. Though bumpers and plastic stuff is being prep'd for painting so I should have some bits back by next week or so.

Bonnet catch and lock, rubber seals etc...

IMG_0574.JPG

Decals for the engine bay done. Although I would like an R12 refrigerant decal for the dryer. Not available but stick this decals do have it planned as a product.

I have added clear protective decal circles to the rubber bumper contact points on the rad support so the paint isn't worn through vibration. Can't even tell they are there at a glance and they work great.

IMG_0570.JPG

Lots of sanding and scrubbing with a stiff brush and toothpaste to get the powdered old plastic off.

Later a flame treatment to remove any left over powdery plastic.

IMG_0610.JPG

Final result.

IMG_0613.JPG

Finished the console. Installed most of the seat belts. That's all for now. Waiting game as always for the other stuff.

IMG_0611.JPG
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Decided to do these today.

Cleaned them and then flame treated them to remove fuzz and scratches. Key is to heat with a propane torch until the surface shines up a little but not too much it ruins the leather texture.

Top is flame treated, bottom is only washed and dried.
IMG_0618.JPG
IMG_0619.JPG

Final treatment with some rem oil. You can use more appropriate products like armorall etc.. but I fine rem oil great for interior stuff not just on metals and guns where it's used normally. It doesn't feel oily but gives a clean satin shiny look which is why I use it.

IMG_0620.JPG

Installed. :thumbup:

IMG_0621.JPG

IMG_0623.JPG
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

So trying that got heaps of trims in mine that need a bit of attention but might grab a couple to test on first before flame thrower if my good trims