vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

A lot better now. Almost spot on for most of it. The areas I didn't touch above 50c are actually richer by 1 afr but it still idles happy so I think I'll leave it as is.

red log7 cold start.xdl
(438.69 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

That's good news mate. Maybe even lessen it off a little at around the 50c mark. Good to see a win though
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

vlad01 wrote:Well its better than the stock air box for sure but once the engine is worked it starts to limit it as well.

Honestly I think the best option is just a straight pod in the engine bay. The loss of air density from having no CAI is marginal at best, a good trade off for having actual unrestricted flow.
This was my solution.
POD with CAI 004.jpg
POD with CAI 004.jpg (154.06 KiB) Viewed 4825 times
Enclosure seals against the bonnet and has the extra cold air intake from under the front of the car. The enclosure is also wider than the MACE CAI so that it takes cool air from the gap beside the radiator. I will be replicating this on the VX at some stage. the MACE unit is nice and does a decent job but I like to be able to see the filter when I lift the bonnet for ease of maintenance and access to the headlight. I have the same cold air intake attachment on the MACE box in the VX and it definitely makes a difference.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Dylan wrote:That's good news mate. Maybe even lessen it off a little at around the 50c mark. Good to see a win though
Cheers.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

immortality wrote:
vlad01 wrote:Well its better than the stock air box for sure but once the engine is worked it starts to limit it as well.

Honestly I think the best option is just a straight pod in the engine bay. The loss of air density from having no CAI is marginal at best, a good trade off for having actual unrestricted flow.
This was my solution.
POD with CAI 004.jpg
Enclosure seals against the bonnet and has the extra cold air intake from under the front of the car. The enclosure is also wider than the MACE CAI so that it takes cool air from the gap beside the radiator. I will be replicating this on the VX at some stage. the MACE unit is nice and does a decent job but I like to be able to see the filter when I lift the bonnet for ease of maintenance and access to the headlight. I have the same cold air intake attachment on the MACE box in the VX and it definitely makes a difference.

That's a pretty cleaver. Though I might just open up the edge near the gap on the rad support, on the right side of the box. Even with the lid open my air temps aren't much higher than it was so I may even make a new lid. Was thinking of an acrylic lid with honeycomb hole pattern or along those lines. I have access to machines to do this at work so it can be a side project.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Cheers.

For the VX i'll bring the side out to the chassis rail which will allow a lot more air in the side.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Was thinking on how to restore the pealing flocking on the original and otherwise good outer door belts on my VP S since I can't find nos belts anywhere and been searching for them over 5 years with no luck.

I found this on a Ferrari forum with the same intentions of restoring seals. Thought I chuck it here for later reference.

http://www.flockit.com/index.php/order/ ... ibers.html
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

what the fuck is flock??
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

The fuzzy shit on the seals, called flocking.