cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Biggvl wrote:Looking good Vlad :thumbup:

BTW, that car in the back ground is dusty...

Yeah I havn't touched it in 4 years. Will clean it later this year and get 2 of those carcoon things. One day the plan is a mezzanine with closing front doors, can't be fucked so I will be paying someone else to built that for me. Apparently Garry in bendigo has a guy that does it on weekends on the side and something of my size will be about 10k for high load rating which I don't really need but gives me a pretty good idea on price anyway.

I have seen his one which is for rooms above and 2x the size I need for 20k. Some ass in Melbourne will charge 45K for something like that.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Rebuilt the windscreen wiper gear. Pulled everything apart except for the motor and gearbox, gave everything a clean and coat of rem oil as I have been doing for most stuff for the last 6 months, keeps it water resistant and stops any spontaneous corrosion as I normally get here with the high humidity in winter.

The shafts and joints all got new moly grease and the joints I replaced the stuffed foam seal rings with normal o-rings. They are there to act as a dust/dirt seal for the joints.

Everything moves as smooth as butter and looks a whole lot less crusty than it did before. I have already installed it in the car.

It's worth going over there as typically the motor/box comes loose from the main assembly as this one was no exception. This is typically what causes the ends of the wiper travel to drift, making accurate adjustments of the arms difficult.

I fixed this with use of serrated washers as there are no washers and a dab of loctite as well and done up real tight. I have had these come loose and the entire gearbox housing break apart from all the slamming around loose on the metal plate.

That's one more thing done from the list.

IMG_3004.JPG
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

Biggvl wrote:BTW, that car in the back ground is dusty...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Holden202T wrote:
Biggvl wrote:BTW, that car in the back ground is dusty...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vlad's version of reference.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Got a price on tyres.

Around 390 each for street legal semi slick racing tyre. A bit small in diameter as they are rather low profile but the closest size you can get these days for a 15" rim that isn't a pizza cutter is 225-50R-15.

So perhaps with the car lowered and the high positive offset, low profile the 225 at least as I see should fit without clearance issues.

It will be nice to finally drive with proper tyres for once. There is literally 0 choices for 15" performance tyres from the consumer tyre range. So all I can do is say fuck you cunts I'm getting racing tyres :lol:
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Seat belts are all done, just to wait for them to be shipped back from Perth. Radiator has also been shipped as well as the air filter and brake pads.

Like x-mas time!
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Radiator arrived as well as the seat belts.

This revised design is damn good!
IMG_0005.JPG

I underestimated how thick 42mm core would look. Wow certainly a lot thicker than the china OEM style radiators on offer. Can't get any thicker than about 25mm these days with 16-20 being the norm now. :shock: cutting it close to the limits considering 32mm was the original specs.

IMG_0006.JPG

Shroud fits nice!
IMG_0007.JPG

Installed and system filled with coolant. Also filled the engine with 5L of run in oil. Which happens to be about 10mm above full. It should end up on exactly the full mark once the engine is run and all the oiling system primes as its bone dry at the moment.

So the service fill should be the late VT and VX spec of 4.8L. Pretty awesome considering the dipstick was added in from a VR model to the sump. Win win! Marks end up lining up with existing dipstick and later model ecotec service volume :thumbup:

IMG_0020.JPG

Still need to get a fan. Might just buy a new OEM aftermarket one, both my used fans aren't the best. Holmart has them for under $200.

IMG_0021.JPG
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Looks great Vlad :thumbup:

I'm not sure if you're aware or not but that fan shroud has a cob web on it, WTF?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

yeah, hence why I am buying a new one. There is also a family of 10,000 spiders in the frame of the shroud.

Serious though, these are just scrap fans for mock up purposes.

Filter just arrived too. Was pleased to find that my speculation of an internal radius/bellmouth from pics alone was correct!

Now I can work on modifying the CAI box and ducting to finish that off.

Also centreline suspension called. All the stuff is ready for pick up.

Still no brake pads from GSL rally sport? hmmm
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Biggvl wrote:Looks great Vlad :thumbup:

I'm not sure if you're aware or not but that fan shroud has a cob web on it, WTF?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Looking really good Vlad, absolute awesome job and attention to detail. :thumbup: