Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
madmaxisback
cars: VN Calais
VK Berlina

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by madmaxisback »

Thanks for reminding me about these guys. Site looks heaps good.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

yeah I'm going to make my order tomorrow after i take a look at my stock and the loom.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Just made my order.
order.PNG
order.PNG (53.1 KiB) Viewed 6032 times
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Under body bolt kits now initiated. Unbrako are now got my samples and going to go through it and start matching up common parts and make the odd bits to order with much improved corrosion protection.

I believe the coat is this. Similar to geomet but not as its a licensing thing and umbrako use Delta.

http://www.deltagbn.co.uk/delta_protekt.htm
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I have decided to upgrade my dual CPU retro PC with something a bit more beefy to overcome chipset bottleneck issues as I can't get enough bandwidth to the 6800 Ultra to even come close to its potential. Sticking to the same theme I have opted for a Fujitsu Siemens dual socket 940 optron board based on the infamous 90nm Troy core which is a build up on the Sledgehammer the all time great original FX-53 to FX-57 were based on.

I have bought 2 optron 252 which are a 2.6Ghz 90nm 68w version of the destop FX-57 which was 130nm and also 2.6Ghz.

The board supports ECC DDR400 from 8 to 32Gb depending on bios I guess as I have mixed info on support but official bios says it has support for this CPU which in turn is the memory controller and HT (hypertrasfer) in this case 1000MT/s

Also has AGP pro 8X, supports XP and linux out of the box (though I'm going to try W7) and integrated SATA and a heaps better bus system in general. Also takes ESP12V type PSU so bog stock for todays standards.

it was used in the Fujitsu Celsius 810v workstation so should be easier to get going over an entirely server based platform that is my current board.

Should be a very beefy system for what it is and even fast by today's standards. Best bit is Fujitsu fully support it on their site. Bios updates, documents, flash utilities, drivers etc..

Its got audio, lots of USB headers and standard headers unlike the other board, also the socket 940 will take coolers for the current AM3+ so I can use a good aftermarket cooler like Noctua, I got cheap stock ones for now to test with before I shell out for nice coolers.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (127.52 KiB) Viewed 5969 times
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

thats a nice board VSH.
kinda reminds me of my old dual celeron board from a million years ago.
i also have a dual socket xeon board in an xw6600 with mac OSX which is getting along in years now but still a good unit. one of the sockets was cactus so i got a replacement board out the US as they were a rip off here in AU and it came with free processors LOL.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I had a couple of dual xeon boards and a heap of cpus. There is something about intel stuff that just doesn't excite me and gives me they meh feeling. They just seem bland for some reason. So smashed the CPUs open for curiosity sakes, yes xeon are soldered dies unlike the consumer stuff. After I was done I just tossed it all in the bin.
FXST02
cars: VP V6 Auto sedan

Post by FXST02 »

vlad01 wrote:Just made my order.
Wonder how much this would cost in Australia, if you could get all the bits in one place.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Well from efi hardware (if you could even get 20% of the items I bought, let alone all of it) most likely over 1k.

My order was about 450 AUD and its all genuine parts not cheap china shit efi hardware sell. I bought connectors from them before and they were so bad in quality, rubber already perished, terminals would just fall out or outright not fit the connectors. Binned the lot, wasted my money. Only thing they sell thats good is some of the weird 90s commodore loom interface plugs which are genuine Nissan parts given that it was a left over implementation of the RB engine days.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Anyone have dimensions for ls2 coils? PN D514A.

Looked high and low and internet has 1 China copy result which is so low res it's unreadable.