Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Macca97
cars: hj ute, hz wagon, copious amounts of random half started side projects

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Macca97 »

vlad01 wrote:It might be, but looking there is fuck all space for it. I'm going for single tailpipe section which will get a resonator as well as it's way too barky and loud on the pedal lol. Its as loud as straight out the headers on full noise but quiet on idle.
the only way to have it lol, idle around town like a granny, shake a few windows when needed
why have one 202, when you can have 12 and counting, 30+ car graveyard just for fun aswell
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Dropped the car of again and should be done in the next day. Bad news is cruise control still wont work. :thumbdown: I am out of ideas since everything I tested passed after the initial fixes.

Other than that the car drives great, has more power with timing removed and VE worked over a bit although the VE wasn't out that much. Overtaking on the highway is outstanding! The mid range power is awesome while being mild in manner.

One thing surprised me is that the road feel and suspension is very smooth and comfortable while being very direct and makes stock cars feel rough and unrefined. Pretty ironic given it's got a setup more for track use. Those Bilstein shocks are amazing!
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

All good, the cruise control in our break down wagon died after one of my staff crashed it hard.

I have had several goes at fixing it and have all but given up. When you work yours out, you can fix mine :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I was thinking of giving to you to fix, Iv'e given up already.

I will double check the brown wire again as it was sus and maybe the green VSS for a signal but after that it's every single thing checked.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

vlad if it was actuating during tests then its probably VSS. IIRC it got that from the one of the cluster pins not directly from the VSS. also as your car is manual did you put a switch on the clutch and is it NO / NC and configured the right way?
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

yeah I am going to check that. That is correct, it goes from the cluster /5 output which the wire is correct on that side

I do find getting into diag mode is hard and takes many power cycles and perfect timing of the switches to get it where in the other car I get it first go every time.

The set and res are for sure working perfect but I suspect that damn brake switch wire might be bugging out again as it came good when i removed and terminal and put it back without knowing why it came good. I pulled on the wire hard to see if it was broken inside but seemed perfect at the time.

The diag mode refused to work while driving I found, not even a flicker of the light as it does when you get the timing wrong, just nothing at all.

So the brake switch wire is my guess and then I will check the VSS wire for pulsing.
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

i ended up just shorting the brown? wires together and deleting the 2nd switch, so the brake switch was the way it was disabled (or switching it off)
Cheers,

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I checked, all 3 (in my case) switches are working and have 12v at each terminal without issues, just at the module end it was mV and flickering to 0V when pressing the pedal. I did get 12V when I bent the wire right at the plug on the module and after I pulled it out and put it back it came good but may have gone shit again. The crimp was perfect so I don't get what is going on at the very end of the wire. Perhaps I can run an extension wire to the cabin and bypass it to see.

I have a spare harness I was making for the cruise conversion so I can get bits from that.
psyolent
VX Berlina Series 1
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

sounds like there may be a break in the loom maybe as you move the plug ... so not at the plug but upstream from it .
Cheers,

vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

it seems about 1cm from the crimp from moving the wire about. There isn't much loom coming out from the point where it runs into a small opening in the airbox so if there is a break it's not far up. I am thinking of plugging it up to the old module cover and probing it from the board to see if its not a problem with the terminal itself as I was having issues getting a reading with a probe stuck in the terminal but measured fine outside of the plug when I removed it at that point it seemed fine. I only got some reading by pushing the probe right to the back of the terminal where the wire was crimped to it, almost seems the crimp is the issue?