vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

it's a junk LED fan from a PC, to keep air circulating as the condensation was really bad. The fan stopped it completely. Wish I had though of it years ago and will definitely either making up a rack of fans for each car or just get those carcoons for even better protection.

Why does it have LEDs ? I am asking the same thing. Turns out you can't get any PC part these days without gay rainbow flashing LEDs all over it. Literally all of it had rainbow LEDs now, motherboards, RAM, fans, cases, HDDs, CPU cooler, video cards, power supplies. It's fucking BS!
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Yeah, bloody annoying that.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Which part? the condensation or the gay rainbow? :lol:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Both I would say.

btw, I honest can't tell the difference between hardware anymore. Like these two models of motherboard bellow.

NMR8eZjaDvNoxMrSQVQjPW-650-80.jpg
NMR8eZjaDvNoxMrSQVQjPW-650-80.jpg (54.51 KiB) Viewed 4167 times
rgb shit.jpg
rgb shit.jpg (13.08 KiB) Viewed 4167 times
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Got 2 tyres while one rim gets repaired, yes restoring NOS stuff :lol:

I thought they would be way small on the diameter but they were comparable to 215 60R 15 which I ran for years. Surprising as its 60R vs 50R.

IMG_0085.JPG

The width was good too, about as wide as the VN/VP body can take.

IMG_0086.JPG

IMG_0087.JPG

Also working out the WB placement. I made up these temp "tail pipes" so I don't roast the floor and also to give enough distance behind the WB so the waves moving back and forth can't expose the WB to fresh air.

I am going to get a bunch of tabs which locate on the factory jigging tabs on the T5 so that a standard delphi plug attachment clip goes straight on the tab. But the setup cost isn't worth it so I am going to add a H series middle exhaust mount adapter plate to allow use of H series mounts in place of the shit VN-VS figure 8 rear mounts which break in a matter of minute to a few weeks at best.

So that will have all the laser cut stuff sorted for this and likely future projects and make the setup worth while. At some point I will list the extras for sale here.

IMG_0084.JPG
IMG_0082.JPG

Worth noting that the pacemaker comp headers have a custom outlet flange size. 2.3" pipe size and 90mm bolt hole centers.

standard sizes are 86mm, 94mm, and Holden OEM is 104mm I believe.

The 86mm type will fit but its not right, its outer metal is more narrow than the pacemaker ones and bolting it up is funny due to the out of aligned hole spacing.

Here is a comparison. I used one for some tool and had to use a off the shelf 86mm one. The 2 1/4 pipe on the correct pacemaker flange was stretched out on a pipe expander machine at my local mechanic shop. I think it might be something to do with ideal 3-1 collector size on a performance/competition engine being 2.3" and the flanges being expanded to sort of form the transition on the collector to exhaust pipe.

If this is really what they intended it sure is an interesting way to go about it.
Right is pacemaker's custom size and left is the closest standardized size.

IMG_0079.JPG
jenko
cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon

Post by jenko »

nice :thumbup:
madmaxisback
cars: VN Calais
VK Berlina

Post by madmaxisback »

Rims and tyres make me feel like this beast will drive one day soon mate! Congratulations on such an amazing build. The ATD is OCD Level9, love it! :thumbup:
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Vlad clocked level 9 long ago, try 'god mode' OCD... :lol:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
madmaxisback
cars: VN Calais
VK Berlina

Post by madmaxisback »

Hahaha. True Biggvl :lol: GodMode OCD Enhanced vehicle
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Yeah bit past godlike, not quite at wicked sick level, that's for the next car.