cars: VY V6 Commodore ute.
VS V6 Commo sedan.
VT V6 powered 4x4 Hilux ute.

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by OZ38 »

vlad01 wrote:

Exhaust is done.

Just need to collect the car tomorrow.

That's weird. When I look at this post on my PC there is nothing below " Just need to collect the car tomorrow"
On my Tablet is has a large white box with " This plug-in is not supported" in the middle of it.

Yet when I go to quote/reply on the PC, I now see a youtube link in my reply box.

Do I need to download a app or program for PCM Hacking as this happens often to me when reading members threads ?

Cheers
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Samsung internet does it on my tablet white box plug in not supported but fine in chrome browser
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
OZ38
VS V6 Commo sedan.

Post by OZ38 »

Well there you go.....it all works in Chrome. Thanks for that.

Vlad that exhaust note is what I am after with my V6, sounds great.

Can you run through what size piping &, mufflers etc etc the system has ? Is it twin system all the way without a crossover or balance pipe ?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

yeah atm it's twin all the way with no cross over but I am having it changed to merge into a 2.5" single just before the diff to fix clearance issues. It has twin cats and mufflers.

It will have a rear resonator added to the single pipe section as part of the change as it was way too loud and barky in 3rd gear. Still going to have twin tips though.

btw I use Firefox and no issues here.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
OZ38
VS V6 Commo sedan.

Post by OZ38 »

Ok interested to see what you think of the exhaust note after the changes. I currently have something like what your planning but find the note is horrible. Looking to separate the two sides.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I have been told having the mufflers back as far as they can go to the exit gives the best sound. But there is unfortunately little room to do that.

I think if you could do that with separate twin system it would give the best sound, but like said there is room limitations to what you can do ultimately.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

I have all the factory manuals for VN VP with the cruise control system if that helps...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
OZ38
VS V6 Commo sedan.

Post by OZ38 »

vlad01 wrote:I have been told having the mufflers back as far as they can go to the exit gives the best sound. But there is unfortunately little room to do that.

I think if you could do that with separate twin system it would give the best sound, but like said there is room limitations to what you can do ultimately.
We fitted a system a little like your chasing now to a VR Ute with Super6. It was a sports system made by Perry Exhaust to suit a 5 litre. Twin 2.5" metal cats into a twin 2.1/4" pipe through two 2.1/4" mufflers & then collected into a single 2.5" over the diff & a single 2.5" rear resonator. Gave a good note (not loud) with no drone & very little restriction. When trying to get another a few years later they no longer made it. Plus now Perry are also no longer.

This is probably similiar to what your after.
Attachments
VR UTE L67 ETC 115.jpg
VR UTE L67 ETC 115.jpg (91.12 KiB) Viewed 3414 times
VR UTE L67 ETC 113.jpg
VR UTE L67 ETC 113.jpg (91.75 KiB) Viewed 3414 times
VR UTE L67 ETC 112.jpg
VR UTE L67 ETC 112.jpg (96.34 KiB) Viewed 3414 times
VR UTE L67 ETC 111.jpg
VR UTE L67 ETC 111.jpg (92.27 KiB) Viewed 3414 times
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

My mufflers are about half that size and resonator a tiny bit smaller too but yes similar to that is where it's heading. I think the cross over doesn't help with performance or sound on a V6 since they have already even firing order.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Love the new exhaust tip :thumbup:
BDD2A8E8-E794-4459-BF54-B95ED8E678F9.jpeg
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...