vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

well yes, you jack up a corner, wheel or chassis cross member any of them and the doors don't close properly so obviously the whole chassis twists. Brace wont help that. It only ties the side to side movements of the towers together which limits the loaded side from pulling outward as much thus limiting camber changes from flex.

To limits all movements you really need a roll cage that ties to the towers and all other suspension points in triangulation type structure.

I only ever seen one brace as a one piece without joints and it was the one I bought, a custom made one. All brands i know off have joints/pivots eg nolthane, whiteline and every china clone under the sun just like all of these.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from ... e&_sacat=0
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Never mind. not worth it.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Um, that's what shockers are for and rubber strut tops and having some give in the body.

Ask G how many times he broke his towers in the race car? with rather soft tyres (single digit psi )and suspension, because of rough surface and solid steel tops with no give. Thats with strut brace too lol
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

are they NOS VSH as the ad is not there the title just says seat belt stalks ... ?
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

scroll down a bit.

they are really good used buttons for the seat belts. Looks near NOS enough.
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

i remember having my seatbelt stalk replaced on my VN as a factory recall due to the plastic cracking where it mounted to the floor LOL. free seatbelt stalk.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

yeah they still crack even on the VPs as well. That sheathing on the stalks 95% of the time are broken.

The vacationer wagon I stripped a few years ago that was pretty trashed with 400+ K on the clock had perfect stalks in terms of the typical broken plastic. Go figure. They are the ones I am changing out the buttons and then fitting to the red rocket.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

There is a camira with its full efi stuff still untouched at the wrecking yard on camp road. Just a heads up for anyone that wants to raid it.

I got a rear right backing plate, some misc engine metal brackets to complete the lot of stuff to blast and e-coat. Decided to just do everything possible lol.

Also I managed to finally get some rear windscreen seals perfectly intact. I found VR and VS they must have the seals coated as I have noticed you can just pull them out with ease due to not sticking to the sealant, that was also the case with my OG front seal on the blue VR.

Not that case with any VN or VP I have attempted to get the seal out, all tore and I have tried many. They just stick too much to the sealer and end up ripping.

By the way, I found no difference with the seals from VN to VS, despite rares listing 2 different seals for some reason. There isn't and should be as its the same glass and body panels for the turret where the glass actually go into.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Made some spacers for this so the arms wouldn't crush in the press.
IMG_1698_zpshimztyq2.jpg
IMG_1698_zpshimztyq2.jpg (218.58 KiB) Viewed 4255 times
IMG_1699_zpskqujnako.jpg
IMG_1699_zpskqujnako.jpg (152.8 KiB) Viewed 4255 times

Worked a treat ! :thumbup:

IMG_1700_zps7msbsn5j.jpg
IMG_1700_zps7msbsn5j.jpg (183.01 KiB) Viewed 4255 times

Well its X-mas once again, for me anyway lol.
IMG_1701_zpssvmb82zj.jpg
IMG_1701_zpssvmb82zj.jpg (318.97 KiB) Viewed 4255 times

A random shot quite literally of some ballistic glass paneling one prospective customer of mine left me a off cut after testing our machine to see how it routes the stuff.

He said its a US product and is designed to stop 9mm and a like. I said I'll try the 223 on it :lol: I bet it wouldn't stand a chance due to the sheer velocity of the 223 and I was right lol. 20mm laminated acrylic and poly carb with shock dispersing gel laminate.

Also have some 12.7mm pure poly carb, will post pics of that, totally swiss cheese haha. even at a shallow angle of about 15-20º it went through and melted the poly carb.
IMG_1702_zpsbc2gdvx4.jpg
IMG_1702_zpsbc2gdvx4.jpg (153.15 KiB) Viewed 4255 times