vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Control arms all done, BJs installed and bushes. Diff bushes done also.
Attachments
IMG_2018.JPG
IMG_2019.JPG
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Got the final revision of 3D prints and now that it all checks out I have requested to have the final metal ones printed.
Attachments
IMG_2023.JPG
IMG_2021.JPG
IMG_2020.JPG
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

Looks great mate !
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

sneaky reference in there ;)
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Well spotted
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

haha I was waiting for that :lol:
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Stainless steel moulds are now being started. Can't wait to see how they come up.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Had a problem with the stainless moulds. They were about 3% undersized and thus useless as they don't come close to fitting so the printer is looking into the what went wrong. Otherwise the metal itself is a good result.

Anyway that not too much of a worry. Also had a set back with the rear bumper. After I did all the prep work I found a massive gash through the top lip where the boot closes down. In the factory when trimming the flashing off some cluts slipped with the knife. So waiting on yet another bumper which will come hopefully soon.

Anyway, some good news is I finally got my bolts from the UK and they are top stuff and just like the factory bolts except I have to modify 2 of them, rear caliper bolts need machining to UHL of 18mm as it has to be that to fit without hitting the disk and the rear upper control arm bolts although are spec'd exact they just need the ends machined to be a point. I managed to get the real odd spec ones genuine from Holden for absolutely fuck all, but the ones I couldn't get where the only ones I could get from the UK, vise versa. So real happy after months of searching and talking to manufactures it all fell into place.

So not long I should have them machined and then the zinc/aluminium flake coating done to make up 10 cars worth of bolts.

IMG_2146.JPG

Also did these on the weekend. I wanted an better e-coat finish so I desided to do the engine bay parts again on a another lot of spares, but without sand blasting to ensure a perfect smooth factory finish.|

Nothing like incinerating the old e-coat off and then finishing it in hydrochloric acid pickling treatment followed by a sodium hydroxide neutralizing bath and rinse in clean water to finish the process. Came up super bright and clean. I even did the A/C condenser upper/lower frame which I will swap out on to a new aftermarket condenser I got. The new one is quite good but the frame is a bit rough so I opted to reuse the genuine Showa one.
IMG_2150.JPG
IMG_2151.JPG

Also I went to see the car, and check the list of "to do" and was very pleased. Only things left apart from the obvious bumpers and c pillar moulds which aren't ready from my end, the last 2 things are to touch up some paint chips in the front door jam where the paint is still original and some acetone dribbles inside the boot lid cavity where I forgot to mask the garnish holes, so they will give it a quick blow over with some paint to clean that up. The 2nd bit is to clean up and prime and paint black is the windscreen lower lip. Everything else is by the book and done spot on.

I was even surprised they did the factory black margin in the windscreen channels and I never told them to do that and it was cool they knew that's how it was from factory. I wasn't fussed about it as the glass covers it hence why I never bothered asking or mentioning it. Wow these guys have attention to detail that only a Vlad can approve :lol:

They even redone the stone guard in the wheel arches as per factory too. :punk:

IMG_2166.JPG
IMG_2168.JPG
IMG_2169.JPG
Last edited by vlad01 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

MMMMmmmm :twisted:

IMG_2167.JPG
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

DDR VP looks great :thumbup:

When can I have my bolts? :D
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...