vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Yeah they are nice. I got a set of the older 3D printed ones I might use on this car instead and save these for the S pack.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

Nice :thumbup:
Haven’t seen or heard about the s pack for a long time, any updates at all? I can’t remember your plans for it and this is a bloody long thread to look through :shock:
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Yes, plans still stand. Still slowly gathering bits for it but NOS parts are really hard to come by these days. Out of all the years I have had it I only managed to get one correct door seal out of the 4 I need :lol:
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Absolutely shit weather the last few weeks so I spent time inside restoring this left over series 2 garnish from the red VP which not perfect but came up good and is way better than the broken faded one on the white car.

Washed it, polished it and re-did the top and bottom foam strips. Just need to re-glue the number plate light holder frames with a blob of superglue like factory, if any of the auto shops or hardware stores open that is :roll: damn lockdown all the time.

Not using the shit superglue from coles or woolies. Need to get the good stuff like Selly's plastic superglue or that rapid fix stuff.

IMG_3168.JPG
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Post by heff0018 »

Try Araldite
The1

Post by The1 »

E6000
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

401 or 406 Loctite.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Got my glue of choice. And picked up my boot lock. This one seems to work, pull down hard on the latch and you can still easily unlock it by the lever unlike my old one which jams just with load on the latch.

IMG_3178.JPG

The primer makes a huge difference in adhesion and the glue is very thick so it doesn't just wick into gaps and disappear. I used this with great sucess when replacing trim clips and also repaired the infamous VN-VS torn off door trim clips. The primer is a must for it to work and the glue being thick stops it just soaking into the board and disappearing.
IMG_3179.JPG
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Was enough of a gap between rains that I got the lock sorted and garnish. Wish you could still get them aftermarket taillights, the genuine ones are leaking like they do from factory. :lol:

I bought the last pair for the red car that I could find anywhere back in 2018. Been NLA ever since. :thumbdown:

IMG_3180.JPG
IMG_3181.JPG