1990 Geo Storm GSi Turbo

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
90base
cars: 1990 Geo Storm Turbo

Re: 1990 Geo Storm GSi Turbo

Post by 90base »

I completely understand and really appreciate the time that you have taken to help me out already! I havent messed with too many settings yet as I dont want to break anything(although there isnt much to break when you start with nothing, lol)

As soon as I can get a reader and pull the BIN file I will definitely post it up!

Thanks

Brandon
-- Brando
DD:1990 Geo Storm Turbo
90base

Post by 90base »

Ok well..... Its been long enough but I finally bought me a Moates Burn 2 along with a HDR1 to read the stock memcal. After having some issues getting 1byte files, I finally got it to output a 32kb file. I have attached the file. Could someone examine it for me and see if there are any existing files around? Perhaps even help to Identify the mask id?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Brandon
IsuzuImpulseRS.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 421 times
-- Brando
90base

Post by 90base »

Someone has helped me locate a few tables and put them in an XDF. How do I tell which is which? Ive looked around at some manuals and havent had much luck in how to disassemble a bin file. Are there any good tutorials out there? ANy pointers you guys can give me?

Thanks

Brandon
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Is that my xdf I'll labell it for you today and add the program I'd so you can stop the checksum check
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

here you go mate dont trust the row labells for rpm or map (does it even run a map lol) they were just based off our $5D code rpm labells .
1991 Isuzu Impulse RS 0.002.xdf
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 386 times
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

looking at the lotus manual linked on gearhead efi you could just rewire to suit the aussie 1227808 ecu and run $12p custom boost code and have all the fruit with no messing round just tuning and repinning the harness.
90base

Post by 90base »

delcowizzid wrote:looking at the lotus manual linked on gearhead efi you could just rewire to suit the aussie 1227808 ecu and run $12p custom boost code and have all the fruit with no messing round just tuning and repinning the harness.

Awesome! Ill try this out this weekend! I appreciate the help, and sorry for the delay. Im currently fighting a Head Gasket Issues on this thing and Ill be pulling the motor in the next month or so. I will still tinker with this for sure though! I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions and "spoon feed" me. Ill have many more questions to come.
-- Brando
90base

Post by 90base »

VL400 wrote:As for what program can read it, you need a definition file (XDF in TunerPro) but to make that you will need to search out tables (the main fuel and spark are normally easy to spot using TunerPro or use a hex editor), you or disassemble the bin (post it up and will do that for you) and then start working through the code.

If you want to know what elanscan is doing use portmon while getting a bin or logging and that can give you some more clues with what commands are being sent and what data is being returned.
If I give you the bin file can you get me a copy of the fuel and spark tables? I'd be willing to pay for your services.

Tha ks

Brandon
-- Brando