Mrs The1 VX Berlina Wagon

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
DavoF
cars: VX L67 Executive

Re: Mrs The1 VX Berlina Wagon

Post by DavoF »

Yeah, I had to drop the extractors on the drivers side to be able to jack up the engine enough to get them in. 45min job for some, busted knuckles broken tools and 8 hours later for others lol
The1

Post by The1 »

didn't take me to long, i found the easiest is to use some soft wood to jack the engine up a bit after unbolting the chassis end, then unbolt the mount from the block and take the whole thing out, then putting them back on i put both peices in and bolt them all back on seperatly.
DavoF
cars: VX L67 Executive

Post by DavoF »

Glad you didn't have major problems. :thumbup:
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:yeah thats another tell tale with vibe, but even when using new cheaper mounts they can do that too, hence Mackay/Genuine are the best option!
they can be a bit of a bugger to remove some of the inner nuts & fit too!

genuine cost 127 each, just went to Holden to get some but will look on ebay for Genuine ones. I got a set for 112 last year.

I wouldn't get McKay. the amount of shit I get from their products :rant:

put new "McKay" exhaust rubbers on my brother VP 3 days before the roadworthy, he came back and they were defected !!

I checked and sure enough, they perished in that 3 days. WTF!

this happens every time with their exhaust mounts, my mate with his VY changes the exhaust mounts on average 4 times a year coz the crumble and his exhaust drops off.

same deal with their suspension bushes and rubbers. I got only few weeks out of their sway bar bushes, changed them as much as I changed oil.

Its really frustrating so I don't buy their stuff anymore. Genuine all the way :punk:

I have been buying a lot of genuine stuff lately and comparing to aftermarket parts I have in stock and the difference is massive, not even close with most of the stuff, like they took a guess at what Holden "might" have used then made up their own shit and call it OEM lololol :lol:

When my mate got engine mounts for his VY, he got them from bersons, aftermarket of course. we put them it. like no mounts at all. engine was sloppy and you push it around in the engine bay like it was on a water bed. I can't even move mine anymore than 5-10mm using my body weight on my cars with genuine.

aftermarket was alright like 5 year ago but its all gone to crap lately. I stress this enough.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
The1

Post by The1 »

Holden use Mackay for most things as genuine it just unlabled, radiator hoses are for sure.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah I was 99% sure hence my first reference but don't work for either company so didn't want to step on any toes or lie!
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

The1 wrote:Holden use Mackay for most things as genuine it just unlabled, radiator hoses are for sure.
yeah maybe? I don't know as I use gates hoses as I find them much better than mckay.

but I know for sure mckay don't make the other genuine rubber parts, side by side they are much different.

a lot of the genuine rubbers are NLA anyway from holden but off the self from mckay so mckay obviously don't make those lol
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
The1

Post by The1 »

Just know from a guy who puts the GM Stickers on the new bags and takes them from mackay bags. :cash:

I have used genuine rubbers on my VS and never had any issues, get atleast 5yrs out of them normally and that's with harsh driving and cornering. I dont mind rubber ones over say nolothane, it has a little give.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I personally use fulcrum (aka superpro) on my cars, leaves all others suspension bushes on the market for dead, performance and longevity.
not often you get those 2 in the 1 sentence lol. I live in an area which I would consider the worst roads per tax payers dollars in Australia.

They still holding up well even from 2009 and 120-130 odd k. the shockers are already stuffed, nolthane strut tops dead, ball joint replaced twice and sway bar links about I reckon 10 + times and the super pro bushes are still going strong.

All these parts were done at the same time.

the genuine rubber bushes last long time but they have too much give and the car handles like a hyena and no road feel.
The1

Post by The1 »

i want to look at these next time mine need replacing, they look nice.

http://www.tttperformance.com.au/itemdetailspage/21677