CF Bedford Van

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by VL400 »

xmas eve burnout, its a time for celebration :thumbup:
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

haha im surrprised it aint injected yet LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Always though one of these would be nice, then I thought of the A Team, so it was time for a full season of A team re-runs :D
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

delcowizzid wrote:haha im surrprised it aint injected yet LOL
Haha I have thought about efi but that would require a head swap, plus cutting floor to fit it, so it stays as it is till it goes v8, cut it once!!
P1110729-small.JPG
P1110729-small.JPG (401.49 KiB) Viewed 5995 times
immortality wrote:Always though one of these would be nice, then I thought of the A Team, so it was time for a full season of A team re-runs :D
Good idea eheheh

Think of the burnout as a before comparison VL400 :)
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

looks like a tidy old girl
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

not much room for that left leg as is.. . let alone after v8 !!!. need a flat 6 or flat 8 :P
Ken

Post by Ken »

The strommy's in the CF were the best ever made, this one with have an 1" 5/32 cable mount bracket on rear, only 1 5/32 ever made with a cable bracket option, & the latter with the 202 has the alloy
base strommy like the UC / HX/Z, both CF carbs had the best out of the box fuel curve ever.
The latter one has an alloy 2 stage p/v like all the alloy base carbs, but the bedford version has an extra plunger that linked from the pump to the p/v, forcing it open at full throttle, so the high vacuum high rpm didn't
close the second stage p/v hole, only strommy ever made like it, & the part throttle metering transfer ports were all brought closer together, which gave an idle transfer / cruize mixture
richer than any other strommy, no lean transition like every single other alloy base carb ever made, for a motor that was rebuilt with a small cam. the cf bedford carbs were a perfect choice
over the stocker every time.

Sorry for the off topic rant, but don't be throwing that carby if you do go injection.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

It's going to have an injected 5ltr in it before too long ken, you can have first dibs on the strommy if you want ;) I'll probably keep he block for spares for the race car, otherwise I'll be turfing the rest!!!

Nothing wrong with your info it's on the topic ;)
Ken

Post by Ken »

Holden202T wrote:It's going to have an injected 5ltr in it before too long ken, you can have first dibs on the strommy if you want ;) I'll probably keep he block for spares for the race car, otherwise I'll be turfing the rest!!!

Nothing wrong with your info it's on the topic ;)
Yeah I'll buy it off you if you don't want it.
Thanks.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

Well I've spent a bit of time on this today and it's gotten to the point where I've decided that it's just not going to be feasible to get it registered before starting on any of the mods, it would just require spending money on things I'll then be throwing out, so I'm going to just move it to my place once i rid the other cars from the shed/yard and then rip straight into the v8 conversion!!