VC SL/E

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: VC SL/E

Post by VL400 »

Sounds like its all worked out well! Good job :thumbup: The camber and/or track width increase is normally an issue but didnt look too bad in your pic.
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

hdt1979 wrote:Now having vr/vs struts i can stand the camber back up so that with those 17x9 inch rims i get no edge tyre wear from excess camber, it also has camber adjustment on inner control arm bolt thanks to group c k-frame. With that setup i use bearing plate to adjust castor and use struts and control arm to adjust camber, in total 30mm +/- camber adjustment from 0.
Do you have any pics of the k-frame?
hdt1979
cars: VC SL/E
ZG Jeep Grand Cherokee

Post by hdt1979 »

Update: I've now got the tune near spot on for 98 fuel & 95 fuel, 91 fuel & e10 fuel about 85% there. Still haven't had it on a dyno yet , but it chews my step dads vz clubby up which has been on a dyno and puts out 320kw at the wheels , it's a LS2 with cam head work full exhaust system cold air intake 6 speed, so I'm very happy with the VC for now lol :D .
For a laugh we took the old VC for a run 1st - 90km/h at 6200rpm 2nd - 155km/h at 6500rpm 3rd gear ran out of speedo at 5500rpm ( speedo only goes to 200km/h) , the torque feels amazing shit loads more than our VZ Clubby. I've also got the NV-RAM & MAP switches both hooked up so switching between tunes is as easy as flicking a switch. :) :thumbup:
Last edited by hdt1979 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Jayme wrote:56K warning LOL theres like 16.5 meg worth of pics there :comp:

but who's got 56k these days?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Good to hear its running well after a tune, and for giving the VZ a run :D
hdt1979
ZG Jeep Grand Cherokee

Post by hdt1979 »

VL400 wrote:Good to hear its running well after a tune, and for giving the VZ a run :D
Thankyou for all the help and selling me the bits for the ecu. I'm going to take it of the road in a couple of months now the driveline is sorted and freshen up the body work, once I've finished that I will update the pics. I'm in the process of getting ecu to pickup and log oil pressure, i'm doing this so I can display the full dash from tuner pro on a 10inch custom screen being added to my dash. I'm incorporating a intel quad core 3ghz 4g ram laptop motherboard into car, it can display to my headrests as well as the 7 inch fold away dash stero sytem but i'm adding the 10inch screen into dash so I can have it displayed all the time and still use the stereo screen for tv ,gps or dvd.
hdt1979
ZG Jeep Grand Cherokee

Post by hdt1979 »

Here is the bin , adx ,xdf & some log files that im using(OSE_12pv111) , still a working progress but car drives great, a little bit of breakdown at high rpm but hopefully figure it out soon.
Attachments
vc$12P355cui.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
WOT50-100%2.xdl
(875.19 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
WOT50-100%.xdl
(832.14 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
freeway cruizing.xdl
(771.42 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
OSE_$12Pmod_1BAR - Petrol with calcVE.adx
(83.61 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
12pmod.XDF
(338.35 KiB) Downloaded 315 times
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Looks like you are having fun with the tuning!

From a quick squiz, can certainly get more timing in it at WOT. Get more advance in as the RPM increases instead of removing it. You will find AFRs will lean out as more advance is added so just watch things closely, its leaner than your target now.

There is a heaps of AE, can reduce that a fair bit so it does not peg the wideband rich on throttle. Might improve with some advance too.

Changing the coolant and charge temp bias terms change the entire coolant and charge temp advance tables.

The rev limit is disabled.

Your VE table needs some serious smoothing. Id recommend turning off wideband VE learn and adjusting it manually.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

I thought it must of loaded wrong for me. The "12PMOD" in the description made think custom code or something.
If you could post up a log with ve learn turned off I would be glad to help out, Im sure others could be as well.
If youre happy with the performance now theres more in i think!
hdt1979
ZG Jeep Grand Cherokee

Post by hdt1979 »

Thanks for taking a look, as soon as I have some time ill implement the changes suggested and put up some logs. its been fun and a challenge tuning this engine , the power is getting better and i'm already pissing some of my mates off that have spent thousands of dollars on engines similar with less performance :thumbup: