vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: VT circuit race car

Post by vlad01 »

That mob in QLD that build hot V6s, umm sicksix? yeah they have some custom big volume plenums that use on their engines. The guy these reckons its absolutely necessary to make good gains in conjunction of the other usual mods when using on NA mainly and on boost. Very good gains on NA setup supposedly with 9.6L plenum volume, stock is 3.4L supposedly.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

we loved hitting the track even when it was raining during powercruise was a blast holding it open down the straights 5 up round taupo motorsport park
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBLBLe1R8KY[/youtube]
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

we run one car with 4.2L plenum and 90mm TB its doughy to drive but makes mad topend power.with it N/A we could look in at the ends of the runners when we reved it on the spot you could see the fuel and air domed out at the ends of the runners
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Post by krusty »

delcowizzid wrote:we run one car with 4.2L plenum and 90mm TB its doughy to drive but makes mad topend power.with it N/A we could look in at the ends of the runners when we reved it on the spot you could see the fuel and air domed out at the ends of the runners
Those rain skids looked like a lot of fun! Must be a spooled car I'm guessing? No transfer at all on the let offs

I'm anticipating doughy won't be much in the equation on mine with a 62mm billet comp wheel :thumbup:

Boost equalizes all inefficiencies doesn't it haha and keep in mind plenum also incorporates pipework length and volume which is kept to a total minimum on my set up so my plenum will actually be a lot less than a car with a fmhe A2A cooler and ecotec plenum
krusty

Post by krusty »

Got lucky and picked up this Harrop boot spoiler with billet cnc legs and a fully reinforced boot lid. Saves me the time as I've got plenty of welding to do as it is to strengthen the VT flexi chassis lol

Apologies for the dodgy pics a my Iphone camera is on vacation for a little while until parts arrive :rant:

Also scored this glass V8 Supercar replica bar. It's being custom made with plenty of extra reinforcement glass and will work well for brake ducting and under body aero when I get around to that

Manifold is about complete. Here's a shot of the AN-20 coolant fitting. Will be running a remote thermostat.

krusty

Post by krusty »

Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

nice and droolworthy pics :)

have you bought the other end of that coolant fitting yet ? pretty sure they are like $150 or something!!!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

haha i spy batmowheel clever marketing that peice of billet
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

The compressor wheel looks so good it has to add HP without even spinning :D

Some VERY nice parts so far!