KE70 track car project

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
delcowizzid

Re: VT circuit race car

Post by delcowizzid »

i can see this making 600-700hp at the crank on 14psi if the heads are ported gonna give that LS1 a scare on the straights but cornering on boost probably wont happen LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Post by krusty »

Holden202T wrote:nice and droolworthy pics :)

have you bought the other end of that coolant fitting yet ? pretty sure they are like $150 or something!!!
Luckily a mate n I bought a few boxes or speedflow from a failing ford racing team years ago. They came with radiator hose/ fittings and all kinds of weird n wacky stuff. Can't use fuel unfortunately as this car will be E fuel and they only used 100series but lots n lots of fittings to play with thankfully! Just going to need some spray cans to make them all the same colour hahaha!
krusty

Post by krusty »

delcowizzid wrote:haha i spy batmowheel clever marketing that peice of billet
Yeah, fear the bat they say! I dunno about that as Bullseye compressor maps are scarce on the ground so I took a punt. I like the simplicity of the much thicker journal bearing shaft than Garret turbos being almost as efficient and not having water cooling. At least the core will be easily rebuilt periodically for only $150 for a refresh kit.

I'm looking for 360rwkw to start with but I suspect that will be hard as it may want to breathe more. This turbo isn't even supposed to start working until 22psi according to match bot lol
krusty

Post by krusty »

VL400 wrote:The compressor wheel looks so good it has to add HP without even spinning :D

Some VERY nice parts so far!
Thanks mate. Agreed on looks fast sitting there. Isn't that what race cars are all about? Just sitting there because they're usually broken haha. I hope that's not the case with this one but I'm not building it to pull punches so to speak. Once I get a cage in there I may look at Saloon class instead of just sprints but am a loooooong way from that stage yet.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

going off some maps it can support 75lb at 14psi but will make a little heat at only 52% efficiency.the most efficient part of the map is 40lb at 14psi.next efficient zone would suit high hp 4 cylinder well 60Lb of flow at 30psi.i dont know if the maps are with the surge port blockoff disc in or out .if it surges coming on boost pop it out and the map will go way further to the left
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
krusty

Post by krusty »

delcowizzid wrote:going off some maps it can support 75lb at 14psi but will make a little heat at only 52% efficiency.the most efficient part of the map is 40lb at 14psi.next efficient zone would suit high hp 4 cylinder well 60Lb of flow at 30psi.i dont know if the maps are with the surge port blockoff disc in or out .if it surges coming on boost pop it out and the map will go way further to the left

That sounds nothing like the Map I'm going off. It's totally different to an S366 map cos it isn't a cast wheel. I've also got a custom turbine in there so response will be optimal. I had Clives do a custom grind to flow the exhaust heavily as well to the 0.91a/r rear should be full......again hopefully. Not discounting your input but alot of calcs went into setting up a balanced and productive combo before any single part was purchased
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

didnt you say its 62mm inducer so s362 i went of the original BW cast wheel flow as it supossidly flows more than the gimicky batmowheel
krusty

Post by krusty »

delcowizzid wrote:didnt you say its 62mm inducer so s362 i went of the original BW cast wheel flow as it supossidly flows more than the gimicky batmowheel
Fair enough but it has a S366 turbine 80.1mm ind/ 71mm exd. A pressure ratio of 3 with 6400rpm as a goal in mind should yield around 24psi (depending on real head/ cam flow) with potential to move around 45lb/min of intake airflow, maybe more if I've nailed the heads.

Pressure ratio of 2.2 would yield just over 14psi and 33lb/min of air flow. 35psi would be nice but will need to start monitoring wheel speed to go up there and I haven't found a well priced turbo speed sensor yet.

More like this but with efficiencies in the 70% range and god knows exactly how the batmowheel will shift the curves but Bullseye matched it to my set up and head specs

delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

the pressure ratio down the side is boost 2=14.5psi 3=29psi unless you are miles from sealevel.that map on the vb with stock heads we are over around 58lb at 2.2pr 68% ish theoretically with us packed with backpressure from our p-trim T3 wheel in a twin scroll 0.82 housing on the rear.
krusty

Post by krusty »

delcowizzid wrote:the pressure ratio down the side is boost 2=14.5psi 3=29psi unless you are miles from sealevel.that map on the vb with stock heads we are over around 58lb at 2.2pr 68% ish theoretically with us packed with backpressure from our p-trim T3 wheel in a twin scroll 0.82 housing on the rear.
Oh that's an interesting take I guess. This map is for the S366 which represents the rear of my turbo but my calcs were based for my engine.

I think we need to allow for losses as these compressor maps are related to the turbo, not the combo they're going onto which is why a pressure ratio of 2 doesn't actually equal 14.50psi usually.

Main thing is to get it on the car and see the differences between calcs and reality lol! Then we'll see where it all pans out at hey

Here's my calc sheet an engineering mate knocked up for me