KE70 track car project

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Holden202T

Re: KE70 track car project

Post by Holden202T »

loving the progress shots! I don't think your ever going to have issues with the trans tunnel being too small again hahaha!
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Post by krusty »

Holden202T wrote:loving the progress shots! I don't think your ever going to have issues with the trans tunnel being too small again hahaha!
Hahahah you're on the money there! It's double layered 2mm sheet on the tunnel around the bell housing as we're not entirely trusting of the M12 T56 cos it's gonna have it's legs stretched right out on Phillip Island and the like
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Thread dig, sorry

What's the theory behind the rear control arms, and them being the same lenght?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

It would be to prevent the diff from trying to follow the arc under its own torque or the reverse of applying a torque from suspension travel, rather leaving that to the suspension to do its thing. Kind of like eliminating torque steer from a FWD car by balancing the pivot point in the center of the wheel type of analogy.

It also would keep the diff flange pointing along the same axis at majority of the travel arc, not necessary better, but rather a compromise from the above. Ideal link setup would to be to allow the correct lengths to make the virtual center of rotation of the arc in the middle of the tailshaft CV joint so that the uni is straight at all travel positions, but then the axle would torque as it travels and vise versa. The reason why most live axle cars have the rpm fluctuate as you suspension travels up/down in the rear is because the purposely uneven links. I think this is also one of the contributing reasons axle tramp happens.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Post by krusty »

Biggvl wrote:Thread dig, sorry

What's the theory behind the rear control arms, and them being the same lenght?
Pinion angle is where it's at for us. Even though there are no bushes and all Heim joints, there will undoubtedly be some angle change of the pinion under power down. We've found that setting the pinion a couple degrees down at static with wheels on the ground seems to end up giving better traction and no vibes under heavy power as the pinion angle changes up so we sort of pre guess where it'll end up.

This car is getting a watts link soon enough so again, equal length will just compliment all that better too and give better traction over all.