my ride vt ecotec

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
vt3.8lt
cars: Vt v6 turbo @ 8psi

Re: my ride vt ecotec

Post by vt3.8lt »

yeah cheers oz38 ill take that into account next time i try this

so ive got the t56 into the car and i have no speedo drive as i was expecting does anyone know the difference between the getrag sensor and the t56 one and any ideas how how to get it to work? im guessing it may meed some sort of controller/signal changer box to do it???
The answer is always... boost!
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Should go straight up. Different connector maybe. Same signal type though.
vt3.8lt

Post by vt3.8lt »

I thought the same thing hmm might have a dud sensor ill have to look into it
vt3.8lt

Post by vt3.8lt »

Hey guys got the speedo sorted and working now but its out by like 30kmph is there anyway to adjust this or will it need some sort of resistor?
vt3.8lt

Post by vt3.8lt »

hey guys here i am back again the guy that fcks every thing up so for some reason my car had 30 deg of timing at 14psi has probably killed this engine but ill deal with that at some stage i cannot for the life of me find out y it is being fed timing from or even having it pulled the logs i get dont match any of my timing maps at all ive even tried to go back to a stock tine so to speak and the car wont even start so im stuck with this tune domping shit loads of timing into it for now reason id greatly appreciate any ideas as to why it doing this ???

current bin the one that the car will run on and is out with timing
to much timing.bin
(64 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
the log that probably killed my engine
test run.xdl
(362.5 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Careful what settings you change. Look at "EST - Coolant Advance vs MAP and Temp (Coolant Advance Bias Term Is Subtracted)"

Its all messed up as you have changed "EST params - Coolant Advance Table Bias Term". It does not need changing. Its just lucky you then by chance messed with the boost coolant advance table.
vt3.8lt

Post by vt3.8lt »

yeah i noticed that and changed it back not before the ping has killed my engine but the thing thats bothering me the most is using a stock compare bin to get the values back for it the timing still doesn't match the 0-100kpa map or even the boost map i tried reverting to a stock 11p with my fuel ant timing tables swapped over and it wouldn't event start though i cant be sure i got all the right settings in there cheers for the reply i was beginning to wonder if it would get one at all
vt3.8lt

Post by vt3.8lt »

hey guys just finished updating to dual fuel pumps is there a way to turn the second pump on at a specific boost pressure in the 11p file or will i need a separate system to do so??
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Look at the flex tables for that. Maybe use Boost and TPS for the Axis.
vt3.8lt

Post by vt3.8lt »

ok not sure how to go about setting them up to use the flex table or find it have had a quick look but couldnt see any options for it?